OCA is also calling for Congressional hearings in both the House and Senate to investigate ticket sales and boarding processes by United and other airlines.
The firm, along with Chicago aviation attorney Thomas A. Demetrio of Corboy & Demetrio, is representing the Dao family.
The policy change comes as the beleaguered airline is still in recovery mode in the aftermath of the viral video of a passenger being dragged off a Chicago-to-Louisville flight Sunday night. Employees first tried to get four volunteers, but when no one gave up their seats for $800 plus a night's stay at a hotel employees started selecting people at random.
The attorney of the doctor has publicly confirmed that he will personally take the airline company to court and that their actions have to be sanctioned accordingly by authorities.
Lawyers representing the passenger who was dragged off the plane, Dr. David Dao, have said he suffered a concussion and plans to file a lawsuit against the company. American Airlines has said it won't remove a revenue passenger who is already on board to give a seat to another passenger. While that may seem like a big number, it's actually a tiny fraction (about.0062%) of the 823 million passengers who flew with U.S. airlines previous year.
Melania Trump reads 'Party Animals' at Easter event
Later, when ABC News reportedly pressed Trump on his next move on the Korean Peninsula, he said , "You'll see". He also mentioned service members, saying that he and the first lady would be singing cards to send to troops.
United Airlines found itself on the defensive again after a passenger complained that a scorpion stung him during a flight from Texas, capping off a bruising week for the public image of the one of the world's largest carriers.
For whatever reasons the staff of the jet saw fit, they made a decision to ask David Dao, a 69-year-old Vietnamese-American doctor, to leave the airplane.
The policy change is meant to make sure incidents like the one earlier this month "never happen again", the spokeswoman said. Later, Munoz offered a more emphatic mea culpa, saying: "No one should ever be mistreated this way". Munoz himself said on Wednesday that he had left a message for Dao.
The United chief, who was awarded "Communicator of the Year" by PRWeek about a month ago, acknowledged on Wednesday on ABC News's Good Morning America that his immediate response to the incident "fell short of truly expressing the shame" he felt after seeing the videos.
United faced protests over the treatment of David Dao.




Comments