The Afghan soldier who opened fire was killed and another wounded, a statement said on Twitter.
The command of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation operation in Afghanistan, Resolute Support (RS), which has more than 13,000 men including 8400 Americans, announced a record of "seven members of USA forces wounded, evacuated for treatment".
In April, Taliban fighters dressed in Afghan army uniforms passed through several security rings to enter a base in northern Afghanistan's Balkh province and kill as many as 140 Afghan soldiers. Two attackers were immediately killed by the Afghan forces while one attacker is absconding.
Zabihullah Mujahed, a spokesman for the group, claimed to have killed "scores of security personnel" in this attack.
The attack came one day after an Afghan army commando shot and wounded seven US troops inside an army base in northern Balkh province.
So far this year, six USA soldiers have been killed in combat in Afghanistan, all of them involved in the fight against the Islamic State in Nangarhar province.
Officials from the government hospital have also confirmed that over 20 civilians have also been wounded in the attack. The attack Saturday at Camp Shaheen left seven American soldiers wounded, according to officials with the NATO-led mission in the country.
Amit Shah meets Uddhav Thackeray, seeks support for presidential election
The Mumbai visit is part of the country-wide tour programme undertaken by Shah from April to September, party sources said. However, Thackeray reiterated his pet names for the top post - RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and agro-scientist MS Swaminathan.
On June 10, an Afghan army commando killed three US soldiers and wounded another.
One or possibly two attackers were still alive and fighting with police, he said.
-Afghan military operation in the country's Achin district.
United States troops are also at risk in other parts of Afghanistan.
Earlier this month, a convoy carrying U.S. and Afghan forces was struck by a roadside bomb and came under small arms fire. The Taliban claimed the commando had been an infiltrator, but Afghan officials said it appeared to have been the outcome of a personal dispute.
Last month, in the southern province of Kandahar, about 60 soldiers were killed when the extremists attacked their bases, mostly at night.
Local residents say they have seen military helicopters hovering over the area.



Comments