A spokesman for Mr Khan said he had more important things to be doing than responding to Mr Trump's "ill-informed" tweet - but yesterday the U.S. leader posted a fresh attack to his 31.5 million Twitter followers.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump instead used Twitter to rip into London's mayor Sadiq Khan.
After copping criticism from both sides of the Atlantic for a political attack on a fellow leader in the aftermath of a terror attack, President Trump only doubled down.
Khan told broadcaster Channel 4 that Britain should not "roll out the red carpet" for Trump, while Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron said May "must withdraw the state visit".
"When you have a special relationship it is no different from when you have got a close mate". They're not even sparing him at a fragile time of a terror attack, when the last thing Londoners want is to doubt their own mayor.
JK Rowling is mulling a protest of Donald Trump should he ever come back to the United Kingdom after some of his recent tweets after the tragic attack on Sunday (June 4) in London, England.
"I just haven't got the time to respond to tweets from Donald Trump".
Trump has previously clashed with Khan, who is one of the West's most prominent Muslim politicians.
Jeff Sessions to appear before Senate Intelligence committee
He arrived in the job in February eager to launch ambitious efforts to combat violent crime and deport undocumented immigrants. Trump's personal lawyer also challenged Comey's account, saying the president never asked for the investigation to be dropped.
Mr. Trump first expressed solidarity with the British people after the London terror attack, before managing to convert the mass murder into a referendum on his favorite subject, Donald J. Trump.
"I think it's also extremely embarrassing as Americans that our president is engaged in a Twitter war with the mayor of a city in a sovereign country", Webb said.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan pauses as he speaks to reporters at the London Ambulance Service headquarters at Waterloo, central London, Tuesday June 6, 2017.
The Independent reports that Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said he saw "no reason" to withdraw the invitation following Trump tweets.
President Donald Trump's sons Eric Trump, left, and Donald Trump Jr., executive vice presidents of The Trump Organization, chat with guests during an event Monday, June 5, 2017, in NY.
The president has responded to criticisms that his tweets were disrespectful in the wake of a terrorist attack in another tweet, CNN reports.
"What I will say is that as a former holder of Sadiq's office is that I think he is entirely right to say what he said to reassure people of his city about the presence of armed officers on the streets". "There's no reason to be alarmed", he said during an interview.


Comments