Earlier on Friday, Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the attacks would only increase Tehran's hatred against the United States and its "stooges" including Saudi Arabia.
Two teams of attackers armed with guns and explosives targeted the Parliament building and the mausoleum in apparently coordinated attacks that occurred within an hour of each other. Fifty people were wounded.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group says its responsible and is promising more Iranian attacks.
Iran said Thursday that five of its nationals who killed 17 people in twin attacks in Tehran were Islamic State members who had been to the group's strongholds in Iraq and Syria.
The Islamic republic's elite Revolutionary Guard has accused regional rival Saudi Arabia of involvement in Wednesday's attacks. In a statement released by the White House, the USA leader noted, "We grieve and pray for the innocent victims of the terrorist attacks in Iran, and for the Iranian people, who are going through such challenging times".
Iranian state TV said the Intelligence Ministry had detained 41 suspects in Tehran and the western Kurdish provinces of the country.
Iran initially said a dozen victims died; it's unclear whether the toll announced Thursday includes the five attackers.
Читайте также: Northern Irish unionists to open talks with May about support"The definite result of these (terrorist) acts will lead to an increase in the hatred towards the us governments and its regional elements like Saudi Arabia", he said. By its very nature, it conflicts with Sunni beliefs and especially Wahhabism, the ideology that all the terror groups inflicting misery on Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria - as well as London, Paris and Brussels - adhere to. Some pointed to comments in May by Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the son of the King Salman and the kingdom's defense minister, who said his country would "work so that it becomes a battle for them in Iran and not in Saudi Arabia". It also reinforces the threat that the rapidly growing terrorist group poses to the world. In attacking the building, the Islamic State has tried to send the message not only that it hates Shiites and their doctrine but it also hates the Iranian version of democracy - parliamentary or Islamic.
That was condemned by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, who tweeted: "Repugnant WH (White House) statement.as Iranians counter terror backed by United States clients".
Salami further hailed the effective response to the attacks and said it "buried our enemies' political dream alive, showing that Iran will be a graveyard for anyone seeking to endanger its security", he asserted.
The jihadist group claimed responsibility for Wednesday's attacks that killed 17 people.
"ISIS is awaiting for vengeful reactions so that it lures more fighters and reproduces terrorism", he said on Twitter.
The attack came as emboldened Sunni Arab states - backed by U.S. President Donald Trump - are hardening their stance against Shiite-ruled Iran.
That drew fire from Iran's foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, who tweeted: "Repugnant WH (White House) statement... as Iranians counter terror backed by U.S. clients".
При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
Comments