Dubbing the killing of 25 CRPF jawans in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district as cold blooded murder, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said that the Centre and state government would work together to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to book.
In March, 12 CRPF personnel also lost their lives in an alleged Maoist attack in the same district.
"Political leaders don't allow their son to join the army and paramilitary forces".
Earlier, Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala dubbed the attack as clear case of intelligence failure while demanding strict action against the BJP-led government in the state.
Maoist rebels killed at least 25 Indian paramilitary soldiers and injured six others in their stronghold in central India on Monday in one of the worst attacks on the country's security forces in recent years, police said.
Digvijaya Singh said unless the state's tribal villagers are taken into confidence, Maoist violence can not be brought under control. "On the basis of our inspection of the spot and other inputs, we will simulate a real-time situation and then train our personnel accordingly", an IIM source said.
To a query on why a full-time director general of the CRPF had not been appointed, he said, "We don't have a dearth of leadership.whenever needed, we will appoint a senior officer here". "The majority of the Maoist cadres are tribals, and are familiar with using bows and arrows".
S. Korea installs parts of contentious US missile defense
A U.S. aircraft carrier strike group is also expected to arrive in the waters off the Korean peninsula in the next few days. Meanwhile, the South Korea-U.S. alliance has beefed up its naval presence thanks to new deployments from the American Navy.
The home minister today said in Raipur that the government will review its strategy on battling the Naxalites.
The villagers were not only supportive but also acted as informers for the security forces updating them about the Naxal activities going on in and around the Maoist hotbed of Bastar.
"They are being used as human shields", he added. "We will review the strategy and if necessary we will revisit it".
The CRPF personnel had been deployed from Burakpal to do guard duty on a road being constructed from Chintalgufa to the Sukma district headquarters. Left Wing Extremists are trying to impede the progress (of the region).
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has described the deadly Naxalite attack as "cowardly" and "deplorable".
At present the troops were securing a culvert that is being constructed on the road and it would have taken about four-five months more to complete this task, the officer said. To know how this fruitful relationship turned sour, ANI did a ground research and talked with the CRPF personnel as well.
Singh said the attack was part of a campaign by naxals to counter the development work being carried out by the Centre and the State Government.




Comments