O'Sullivan: I am exhausted of being bullied

Adjust Comment Print

That grievance seemingly dates to an incident during his seventh Masters triumph when he publicly criticised a referee and swore at a photographer.

Hearn last week criticised O'Sullivan, saying his recent behaviour in media interviews was "embarrassing", following a series of weird exchanges.

It was triggered by the five-time Crucible champion being reminded that Hearn said his clipped answers and eccentric behaviour in recent media interviews had become "embarrassing".

This time O'Sullivan struck back, and said: "I phoned Barry up four weeks ago and I said, "Barry, I'm done with all you and your board of people".

"And I've got a very good friend of mine who said, "Just let my lawyers deal with it".

Ronnie O'Sullivan has hit out at World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn and his board, claiming that they have "intimidated" and "bullied" him. I don't want it to happen again, I have some good lawyers dealing with it making sure I'm OK. Moments later, a spectator in the second row, close to the players, lurched out of an ill-timed afternoon nap and loudly said: "Oh f****** hell, excuse me".

O'Sullivan raised the familiar red flag of a retirement threat after defeating Gary Wilson 10-7 in his first-round match in Sheffield.

"I play snooker because I love it, but I need to be in peak condition and my brain needs to be focused 100% in a good frame of mind". "It's all about business".

Both of the best-of-19 matches will play to a finish on Sunday. "I need to be in the right frame of mind".

Butler Scores 24 points, Helps Bulls Secure Playoff Spot
Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson told the New York Post that they were planning to evaluate their young players against the Bulls. He finished the regular season averaging 31.6 points, 10.7 rebounds and 10.4 assists to go along with his second scoring title.

He says he was pushed over the edge by the reaction from World Snooker, having been incensed by previous disciplinary cases opened against him.

"I have had it for five, six seven years and I am done with it".

Selby was disappointed he too had not managed a similar feat, saying: "I was gutted not to come out 9-0 after the first session, knowing there'd only been one whitewash here and it'd be nice to get another one".

"It's not that important". Get Me Out Of Here, I could have a great life doing other stuff.

"If I don't show up I would feel I am short-changing the people who have invested in me". I'm just not having it.

"I don't think I have done a lot wrong in my career".

"Hopefully, they can relax and stop being so precious, but I'm not prepared to put myself in that situation anymore. It's very unsettling for me".

Away from the controversy, Monday sees former world champions Stuart Bingham and Peter Ebdon resume their first-round battle, with Bingham 5-4 ahead overnight. Yan became the first player born this century to play at the Crucible, and the victor of that clash plays O'Sullivan next.

The Newcastle United supporter enjoyed the 103 break that cut the gap to two frames, but less so the response from his opponent as O'Sullivan finished clinically with a 90 break.

Comments