"Within the framework of the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and the United Nations, we will insist on the immediate dispatch of inspectors both to the site of the incident and the airbase where our western colleagues claim missiles were loaded with chemical substances", Lavrov said.
Johnson was widely criticized for failing to get the G7 to back his bid for new sanctions against senior Russian and Syrian figures following the chemical weapons attack in Syria's Idlib province that killed dozens and caused an worldwide outcry.
The foreign ministers of Russia, Syria and Iran have all denounced last week's USA missile strikes in Syria.
" "[Military action risks] grave consequences not only for regional but global security".
Speaking to Agence France-Presse (AFP), al-Assad said the government had given up its chemical arsenal in 2013 and questioned the authenticity on video footage of the aftermath of the attack. When referring to that decision, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov recalled that there is the Mission to clarify the possible facts about the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
The U.S. accuses the Syrian government of deliberately launching the deadly chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun on April 4.
Vincent Kompany on target as Manchester City beat lightweight Southampton
After that it wasn't easy, but we could use the counter-attack and had space between the lines. Up front we could be better, but our quality of play meant we had control.
On April 8, Johnson canceled his visit to Moscow, set for April 10, due to the recent developments in Syria.
Russian Federation and Iran demanded an impartial investigation and the setting-up of an independent commission, additional to the mechanisms of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which was incapable of accepting that initiative.
"We consider it unacceptable to analyze events from a distance", he said.
"We shall both at OPCW in NY and at the United Nations insist on urgent sending of inspectors both to the side of the accident and to the (Shayrat) aerodrome, where, as Western experts claim, shells were filled with chemical substances", he added.
"Definitely, 100 percent for us, it's fabrication", Assad said in the interview. He added, "These attempts will not succeed, this will not happen".
The subject of the reinstatement of the hotline was undoubtedly a primary topic of the discussions between Russian President Putin and US Secretary of State Tillerson in Moscow a few days ago.




Comments