Smoke was seen rising from the building as the shootout continued.
The Russian Consulate General in Pakistan's southern Karachi city has enhanced its security measures following a terrorist attack on the Chinese consulate, the general consulate's attache Artem Orlov told Sputnik on Friday.
Amir Rana, executive director of the independent Pakistan Institute for Peace Studies, said he didn't think Friday's attack would have much of an impact on Chinese projects in Pakistan, as both countries have calculated the security risks. "First, they hurled a small (grenade) and then started firing", said Allah Bakhsh, a guard at a nearby house who witnessed the attack.
Police officials and doctors confirmed two policemen and two Pakistani visa seekers were among those killed.
Seemin Jamali, a doctor at the Jinnah Hospital in Karachi, said: "We have two cops brought dead and security guard injured due to blast impact".
Khan vowed that such incidents would never be able to undermine Pakistan's relations with China, which are 'mightier than the Himalayas and deeper than the Arabian Sea'.
The attack, claimed by separatist insurgents from the impoverished southwestern Pakistani province of Balochistan, killed four people, including two police.
Sheikh said one of the attackers was wearing a suicide vest.
The port city of Karachi is Pakistan's largest city and a financial hub.
Deepika’s stylist likes a negative comment on Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas’ photo!
Indian outlets are reporting that their sangeet will be on November 29 while their mehendi is scheduled for November 30. Former Miss World, actress, activist and one of India's highest paid celebrities, Priyanka Chopra, wears many hats .
After the policemen and civilians were killed, he said, the attackers proceeded towards the gate of the consulate.
Jiand Baloch, a spokesman for the BLA, told Reuters after Friday's attack: "China is exploiting our resources".
Wang, who is a state councillor and China's foreign minister, strongly condemned the attack during a phone call with Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, according to a statement published on the Chinese ministry's website.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday his country was "in very strong" peace negotiations in Afghanistan, but he did not know whether they would be successful.
It warned the Chinese to leave or "be prepared for continued attacks".
The Pakistani military has been targeting insurgencies in the province since 2004, and has been repeatedly accused by worldwide rights groups of abuses there.
He added that the group "ran away" but did not confirm if the attack was over, saying the area had been cordoned off and security forces were conducting a clearing operation.
"China had been in direct contact with militants in the south-western province, where numerous scheme's most important projects are located", sources told the Financial Times in February.
The $62 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), which runs through the heart of Balochistan, Pakistan's poorest province, has faced stiff resistance from the Baloch people.



Comments