The number of people killed in London's Grenfell Tower inferno climbed to 79 - but may rise even further, police said Monday.
Commander Stuart Cundy of the Metropolitan Police said that 16 bodies had been recovered from the 24-storey building in west London, but stressed that although investigators had reached the top of the tower the hard search could take weeks or longer because of the level of damage to the structure.
A senior United Kingdom government minister said Sunday that he believed the cladding is banned in Britain for buildings above a certain height.
"I believe there are 79 people that are either dead or missing and sadly I have to presume are dead", Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy told reporters.
Authorities say that 58 people are known to have died in Wednesday morning's blaze but that figure is likely to rise.
Cundy said the police investigation into the blaze would look at the building and its refurbishment in 2016 and vowed to prosecute people "if there is evidence".
"It is really important that we are clear about the scale of the challenge facing us as our teams search Grenfell Tower to recover those people still inside and return them to their loved ones", he said in a statement.
Revenue Estimates Analysis Of Delcath Systems, Inc. (DCTH)
They use historic price data to observe stock price patterns to predict the direction of that price going forward. It offers melphalan hydrochloride under the Delcath Hepatic CHEMOSAT Delivery System for Melphalan name in Europe.
The government has said it is carrying out an "urgent inspection" of roughly 2,500 similar tower blocks across the country to assess their safety. Some said they had never seen a building fire advance so quickly.
On the lack of sprinklers in Grenfell Tower, and other buildings, he said: "My understanding is that the best expert advice is that retrofitting sprinklers may not always be the best technical way of ensuring fire safety in a building".
Speaking after attending a local church service in memory of the victims, he said the fire was "a national disaster that requires a national response".
Prime Minister Theresa May has been criticised for her muted response to the fire and had to be rushed away from a meeting with residents on Friday under heavy police guard as protesters shouted "Shame on you".
Anger among residents has been mounting in recent days as information about the missing has been scanty and efforts to find temporary housing have faltered.
West London film producer Nisha Parti, who has been helping victims in Kensington, said the cash is being given to those checking into hotels in the wake of Wednesday's blaze.
"Equally, there may be people who thankfully may have managed to escape the fire and for whatever reason have not let their family or friends or police know", he said. They say they will also use visual elements like tattoos and scars, in the painstaking process.





Comments