Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he has yet to speak with Cristiano Ronaldo regarding speculation that the star forward wants to leave Spain after being accused of tax fraud.
Spanish prosecutors have filed a lawsuit against the player accusing him of defrauding tax authorities of 14.7 million euros.
The main contender for the 32-year-old striker considered his former club "Manchester United" capable of pay for the Portuguese record in the history of football of 200 million euros.
Ronaldo's future at Real Madrid looked guaranteed after lifting his third Champions League title with the club earlier this month, the Portugal global scoring twice in a 4-1 win over Juventus.
"Ronaldo is a Real player and will continue to be so as far as we are concerned", Perez told Marca sports daily Tuesday.
"I'm sure Cristiano wouldn't want us to pay his fine if there was one - he's not like that".
Читайте также: Celtics, 76ers finalize deal to swap top picksRonaldo, who is in Russian Federation at the Confederations Cup with Portugal's national soccer team, has played in Spain for Real Madrid since 2009.
"But something really weird would have to happen if he were to leave this club".
A statement issued by the section for economic crimes of Madrid's provincial state prosecutor's office said its investigations indicated that Mourinho committed two counts of tax fraud in 2011 and 2012.
The prosecutor said last Tuesday that there was evidence that Ronaldo used a shell company in the Virgin Islands to hide the money he had made from image rights.
Speaking about Ronaldo's reported desire to leave the club, Perez added: "Not I, nor anyone at Madrid, is contemplating that Cristiano could leave the club". Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano, among others, have already been convicted.
При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
Comments