Flooding reported south of Mobile from storm system

Adjust Comment Print

It was moving to the west-northwest at 30 miles an hour. The storm is expected to weaken on Wednesday and become a tropical depression.

On Monday afternoon, that system was passing over the Caribbean islands of Trinidad, Tobago and Grenada, off the coast of Venezuela.

A tropical storm warning is in effect for Venezuela from Pedernales to Cumana, including Isla de Margarita, while a tropical storm watch is in effect for Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba. The warning means tropical storm conditions are expected in those areas over the next 24 hours.

Persons with marine interests in St Lucia are strongly advised to exercise extreme caution.

Forecasters say the system has an 80-percent chance of developing into a storm in the next two to five days. The National Hurricane Center is now forecasting a 40 percent chance of this low-pressure system becoming a tropical cyclone over the next two days and a 60 percent chance over the next five days. The plume of tropical moisture extends well east and north of the potential center, and that is going to be something that could impact our area over the next few days.

Roth Capital May Have Just Lost Faith in Sky Solar (NDAQ:SKYS)
The current share price indicate that stock is -2.52% away from its one year high and is moving 28.56% ahead of its 52-week low. Company's distance from 20 day simple moving average is -26.38% and distance from 50-Day simple moving average is -29.07%.

This is a new way to name systems starting this year by the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

Much like "Potential Tropical Cyclone Three", there were watches and warnings in place before Bret was named.

Nussbaum notes, "The latest forecast models show what will likely be Cindy making landfall anywhere between SW Louisiana and the SE TX coast on Thursday Morning".

If it is named on Monday evening, the next tropical system name for the 2017 season is 'Cindy'. Anywhere from the Florida panhandle, through coastal Alabama and MS, into Louisiana, are areas that could see very heavy rainfall. As this nears the coast, the Big Bend will likely see breezier winds and rain from this system.

Comments