Police said a 30-year-old man was arrested early Wednesday at an address in east London.
Three Islamist assailants, including Italian-Moroccan national Youssef Zaghba, killed eight people in central London on Saturday before they themselves were shot dead. Both the relatives of Khuram Butt and the former wife of Rachid Redouane distanced themselves from the extremists, saying the atrocity had left them shocked.
Collina said her son had been caught up in the wrong crowd while living in the east London suburb of Barking, and that she knew "from a single glance" that he had been radicalised.
Dramatic footage from London's Borough Market shows three attackers viciously stabbing a man just before police converge and shoot them all dead.
The 27-year-old was held under the Terrorism Act on Tuesday morning and police have been given until Sunday to keep him in custody.
Fellow BTP officers Alfred Iswa, 51, and Lee Crook, who turned 36 on the night of the attack, previously described how they tended to their injured colleague. They said they were unaware of the other two men.
Butt, 27, was a British citizen born in Pakistan who was known to security services, while Italian authorities said they warned the United Kingdom that 22-year-old Zaghba was a "possible suspect". His name had also been flagged in 2015 by F.B.I. informant Jesse Morton who told authorities he had met Butt in an extremist internet chatroom used by Anjem Choudary, one of Europe's most prolific hate preachers who was jailed past year for his support of the Islamic State group, according to a British government official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the ongoing attack investigation.
Several people had alerted police to Butt's extremist views and he also appeared previous year in a documentary, "The Jihadis Next Door", in which he is shown unfurling a black-and-white flag associated with the Islamic State group.
Bukola Saraki Innocent of False Asset Declaration Charges - CCT
Saraki's 2 year battle with the CCT came to an end today after the panel passed a judgement today on Saraki's no case submission. Danladi Umar , the tribunal chairman, in his ruling said the prosecution had failed to successfully prove its allegations.
The fact numerous victims were worldwide is thought to have added to the challenge.
Ten people remain in a critical condition in hospital.
British media quickly dubbed him the "skateboard hero". All others who had been arrested have been released without facing charges.
"My thoughts and efforts now are with trying to bring up my daughter with the knowledge that some day I will have to try and explain to her why her father did what he did".
"But he never spoke about going there to fight; for him, Syria represented a place where it was possible to live according to a pure Islam".
"Our family is hurt by what he did", Dar said in the town about two hours east of Pakistan's capital.
British police have arrested two more suspects over the London Bridge attack, and revealed that the carnage could have been worse had the attackers succeeded in their goal of renting a truck, rather than a van, to mow down pedestrians.
The attack, and prior attacks in Manchester and near Parliament in London, have prompted Prime Minister Theresa May to call for tougher counter-terrorism laws even if it means changing human rights protections.





Comments