Police have said they are investigating whether Khayre had booked an escort and taken her hostage to lure police into a deadly ambush.
He spent 16 months on remand before being acquitted of the 2009 Holsworthy army barracks terror plot in Sydney.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said he would speak with state leaders Friday about changing state laws, so that risky criminals like Khayre were not released from prison on early parole.
In the wake of recent terror attacks across the world, Mr Jones said authorities need 'to stop watching them (terrorists) and lock them up'.
He then took an escort girl hostage, calling police to say he would hurt her if they intervened.
According to deputy commissioner Andrew Crisp told reporters, after negotiations failed, the man emerged and began shooting at police, injuring three officers before he was shot dead.
Australian officials have grown increasingly concerned over the threat of extremist attacks.
Both Turnbull and Ashton confirmed Khayre was known to police and had been released on parole at the time of the attack.
One person was killed and three police officers were injured in the siege, which has been declared a terror attack.
Islamic State subsequently claimed responsibility for the attack.
Get iOS 11 for your device right now, here's how
The iMac Pro is also equipped with a new space gray enclosure and a 27-inch Retina 5K display with support for one billion colors. If you're an Apple fan and just crave the best of what's on offer, then this tablet will impress without doubt.
She was unharmed and he was killed in a shootout with police after he burst out of the building.
The police arrived at the spot after they responded to reports of gunshot in the building.
Police search the home of Yacqub Khayre at Roxburgh Park, Melbourne, Australia, 06 June 2017.
Police did not regard the Islamic State group's claim of responsibility for the Melbourne violence as evidence that it was planned.
The Australian leader said the attack in the suburb of Brighton had "shocked all Australians". He was recognized as a refugee under Australia's humanitarian migration program and later became an Australian citizen, police said.
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said the victim who died, a building employee, was "in the wrong place at the wrong time". "But we do know it was a terrorist attack and he has claimed, the offender claimed that quite specifically", Turnbull said.
He said local authorities are "absolutely" concerned that copycat attackers could stage similar incidents, although the terror threat level has not been increased from "probable", but is under constant review.
Police said the gunman, Yacqub Khayre, had a long criminal history.
In the latest incident, police responded to a phone call to emergency services, advising that a man had been killed and a hostage was being held.
"We rely on ASIO, we rely on federal police for this sort of information and if you're going to have a system where that impacts on risk and parole systems, which is what we're proposing, he needs to make sure his agencies are well placed to provide the best possible information".





Comments