Sajedinia did not offer any further details. He did not elaborate. "Iranian people reject such US claims of friendship", he added on Twitter.
The Revolutionary Guard Corps vowed to take revenge for the attacks, and said that there is a definitive link to the visit of U.S. President Donald Trump to Saudi Arabia in May, CNN reported.
Trump had said he prayed for the victims of Wednesday's attacks that were claimed by Islamic State, but added that "states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote".
Last year, Iranian authorities said they foiled a plot by Sunni militants to bomb targets in Tehran and other cities during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard indirectly blamed Saudi Arabia for the attacks.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir said he did not know who was responsible for the attacks and said there was no evidence Saudi extremists were involved.
Police patrol outside Iran's parliament building after an assault by several attackers that was claimed by the Islamic State group, in Tehran, Iran, Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
The "spilled blood of the innocent will not remain unavenged", the Revolutionary Guard statement said.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said that as the Iran legislation moves forward, lawmakers will have an opportunity to offer amendments that would authorize new sanctions on Russian Federation. He told a group of students that if "Iran had not resisted", it would have faced even more troubles.
Five of the men who launched an attack in the heart of Iran's capital previously fought for Islamic State, the country's intelligence ministry has said.
Images circulating in Iranian media showed gunmen held rifles near the windows of the complex. One showed a toddler being handed through a first-floor window to safety outside as an armed man looked on.
But publicly, the authorities will seek to reassure people by playing down the attacks.
"Today several coward terrorists penetrated into the parliament building and were dealt with seriously", Larijani was quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency.
"I was passing by one of the streets".
As the parliament attack unfolded, gunmen and suicide bombers also struck outside Khomeini's mausoleum on Tehran's southern outskirts.
Iran initially said a dozen victims died; it's unclear whether the toll announced Thursday includes the five attackers. A woman was also arrested.
New Apple iOS 11 will end support for iPhone 5 and 5c
Because it's a sea of mostly icons sans text, however, you really have to know your way around this thing to use it effectively. You cannot only control your home audio system and speakers but also play music on all your speakers in sync with one another.
Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani called the attacks a cowardly act. Some pointed to comments in May by Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Prince Mohammed bin Salman who said his country would "work so that it becomes a battle for them in Iran and not in Saudi Arabia".
A boy is evacuated during an attack on the Iranian parliament in central Tehran, Iran. The two countries don't maintain diplomatic relations, and the Trump administration has emphasized the need to counter Iran's influence.
So while the majority of the world want to defeat ISIS because of the threat they pose to the world, the Iranian Regime wants to seize power for themselves. It stopped short of directly blaming the kingdom for the attack. Zarif also alluded to Saudi involvement.
Iran is now backing the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against Sunni rebels and jihadi groups in the war-torn country.
Despite the attacks, Democrats and Republicans in the Senate pushed ahead on a new set of sanctions against Iran.
The Regime already brag that they control three capitals other than their own, Beirut, Baghdad, and Damascus but controlling the borders would allow them to smuggle weapons, troops, and funds to other authoritarian governments, like Bashar Assad in Syria, and terrorist cells, like Hezbollah in Lebanon, more easily.
"ISIS has an interest in stirring up a Sunni-Shiite conflict".
But at the same time it downplays the significance of the attacks, expect Iran to crack down on Sunnis within its borders.
The Zoroastrian Member of Parliament stressed that the nation had always stood against the destructive beliefs and these attacks would only make them more determined in their fight against terrorism.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah, Head of the High Peace Council Mohammad Karim Khalili and former president Hamid Karzai also expressed their deep grief over the deadly attacks, commiserating with the families of the victims.
The US state department condemned the attack, saying "the depravity of terrorism has no place in a peaceful civilised world".
Russian President Vladimir Putin sent condolences and confirmed Moscow's willingness to aid its ally.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attacks on Wednesday afternoon.
There are concerns that a doubling down on security could lead to a wider clampdown on the opposition in Iran. Iran subsequently announced that the attackers were Iranian nationals who had joined ISIS.
Charlie Winter, a senior research fellow at King's College London, said the attacks could provoke a disproportionate counterterrorism response in Iran.



Comments