Iran's Pretty Upset With Trump For Calling Them Out After Tehran Attack

Adjust Comment Print

After joining Islamic State they left Iran and "took part in operations in Mosul and Raqqa", according to the statement, which withheld the attackers' surnames, citing security reasons. Their opponents instead blame the two governments for casting the conflict in starkly sectarian terms. The attackers raided Iran's parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini's mausoleum on Wednesday morning.

In a message released by the Kremlin after Wednesday's attacks, Putin said Russian Federation "resolutely condemns" the violence.

Numerous injured remained in intensive care at Cina Hospital in the capital Thursday.

Islamic State claimed responsibility and threatened more attacks against Iran's majority Shi'ite population, seen by the hardline Sunni militants as heretics. The Sunni extremists are battling Iranian and Russian-backed forces in Syria and Iraq.

In the wake of Wednesday's attacks, Iran's Revolutionary Guard released a statement accusing the Saudis of being complicit in the attacks.

The ISIS media wing, Amaq, claimed "fighters with the Islamic State" carried out the assault. China-Iran cooperation on the initiative will not only benefit the two countries' development but also contribute to regional peace, stability and prosperity, Wang said.

One photo shows a gunman inside the Parliament in Tehran carrying a weapon and a man lying on the ground facedown with a bloody gunshot wound on his back. "God willing, they will bite the dust". Another voice repeats the same words. In July 2016, Abu Ayesha was killed in a shootout with Iranian authorities.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guard weighed Saudi Arabia of being behind Wednesday's attacks. "The network of this terrorist group has been identified and some of its members have been arrested", Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said.

Last month, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee backed the measure despite concerns from former Secretary of State John Kerry and several Democrats that it could lead to the unraveling of the nuclear accord negotiated by the Obama administration. Police surrounded the building and gunfire could be heard from outside.

Introducing Apple's New Smart Speaker
As market analyst Paul Verna, from eMarketer, said: "Whenever these companies try to freeze each other out, everybody suffers". Apple has reduced the bezel around the display to fit more screen in a device that feels just like a regular iPad.

It marked the first time IS has claimed an attack in Iran. Another group of attackers, including a second suicide bomber, struck the shrine. Both countries are fighting ISIS in neighboring Iraq and Syria.

At least 17 people were killed and around 50 injured in Tehran on Wednesday, when gunmen attacked Iran's Parliament (Majlis) and the Mausoleum of the late Founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini.

The claim was carried by the IS-run Aamaq news agency and circulated among the group's followers over social media.

The U.S. statement of solidarity with the attack's victims is notable because of the deep distrust between the U.S. and Iran. Dozens of people were wounded. Police have surrounded the building, where a legislative session was underway, and heavy gunfire could be heard from outside. "They look for a way to destabilize our country". "Terrorism respects no borders, and we remind the Trump administration that Iranians held vigils for the American victims of terrorism after the September 11th attacks".

President Donald Trump in a statement suggested that Iran bears some culpability for attacks in its capital.

State TV also showed pictures of ammunition, rifles and binoculars laid out next to an Islamic State flag, all, it said, taken from the attackers.

"Iranian people reject such US claims of friendship", he said, hinting in the tweet that the terror attacks were "backed by USA clients". As the shooters attempted to interrupt a Parliamentary committee session, lawmakers were recorded chanting, "Death to America" in response. It was not immediately clear if the attacks were related.

Ali Larijani, Iran's Parliament Speaker, called the attacks "a cowardly act" and reportedly downplayed the tragedies as a "minor issue".

Comments