The big news came after the fight, when Canelo announced in the ring that he would next challenge unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) on September 16, Mexican Independence Day weekend. Alvarez outclassed Chavez Jr. from the opening bell, winning every round on all three judges' score cards in running his record to 49-1-1. "Where are you? It's on", Alvarez said before bringing Golovkin into the T-Mobile Arena ring with him.
Alvarez controlled Chavez Jr. for a majority of the fight, unleashing crushing blows through the early rounds.
"I'm very excited. we're ready", Golovkin said, surrounded by his entourage.
"GGG-you are next my friend", said Canelo. The big surprise was however after the match when it was revealed that Alvarez and Golovkin would be finally facing off on September 16.
The dig will add some more spice to an already hugely anticipated fight between two of the best pound-for-pound boxers on the planet. Their battle headlined a massive HBO Pay-Per-Event that sold out T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, but halfway through the bout, about half of the 25,000-plus in attendance were booing the contest.
Alvarez had a 228-71 edge in punches landed against Chavez, and an 83-15 advantage in jabs landed, according to CompuBox.
I'll visit Kim if it brings peace, says South Korea's new president
He also wants to reform powerful family-run conglomerates, such as Samsung and Hyundai, and boost fiscal spending to create jobs. Xi said China was willing to handle disputes with South Korea "appropriately" on the basis of mutual trust and understanding.
Following the contest it was announced that Alvarez would challenge WBA, WBC, IBF, and IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin next, finally answering the prayers of all hardcore boxing fans.
Alvarez's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya wasn't hugely satisfied with Chavez's efforts. "I have gotten calls from everywhere, from Dubai to the United Kingdom where (Anthony) Joshua and (Wladimir) Klitschko just fought". "When I was born, fear was gone".
"I think Golovkin's been sliding", Atlas explained, as quoted on Bad Left Hook.
"He beat me. If I attacked more, I would be open for more counterpunches", Chavez said.
Alvarez, who had been fighting at light middleweight, had been accused of ducking the heavier Golovkin for a year.
The 26-year-old now lays claim to victories over Chavez Jr., Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto and Amir Khan, but the biggest crack of his quickly expanding legacy has been his reluctance to fight Golovkin.




Comments