US President Donald Trump blasts report on obstruction probe

Adjust Comment Print

A week after James Comey testified in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee, CNN is suing the Federal Bureau of Investigation over memos sent between the former-director and President Donald Trump.

Second, it suggests that not only is the special counsel's investigation reaching upward in the White House but that is also broadening out from simply an attempt to answer the question of the breadth of Russia's hacking and whether it caught up any Trump officials in it.

The president's tweets followed a report in the Washington Post Wednesday that said the special counsel overseeing the probe into Russia's alleged meddling in the USA election is now also looking at whether Trump attempted to obstruct justice. "Nice", the president tweeted just before 4 a.m.

According to Jarrett, the special counsel statute says, if you have a personal relationship with someone substantially involved in the case you shall not serve as special counsel.

Mueller has been tasked with leading the executive branch's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and any potential collusion between Russia and Trump associates.

Trump's tweets are the latest - and most direct - attacks on the leader of an investigation that he insists is unnecessary and distracting.

The transition official spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to discuss post-election decisions publicly.

Donnarumma claims he was hacked over Milan renewal post
First, Donnarumma sent out a tweet following news reports that he was ready to fire agent Mino Raiola and recommit to Milan .

A spokesman for Trump's private attorney declined to respond to details of the widening probe Wednesday, instead slamming the leaked information as "outrageous, inexcusable and illegal".

Both actions seek documents Comey told the Senate he created earlier this year immediately after meetings and conversations with the president.

Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, Mike Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency, and Richard Ledgett, the former deputy director at the NSA, had agreed to be interviewed by Mueller's investigators as early as this week, the Post said.

Rosenstein has said he is poised to recuse himself if he finds himself as a potential witness to Mueller's probe, meaning the top two officials at Justice would be on the sidelines for the Russian Federation investigation.

Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee on June 8 he believed Trump had directed him in February to drop an FBI probe into former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, that was part of the broader Russian Federation investigation.

"Crooked H destroyed phones w/ hammer, "bleached" emails, & had husband meet w/AG days before she was cleared- & they talk about obstruction?"

The transition official said the organization has also separately asked the General Services Administration to preserve records from the Trump transition that were transferred to its facilities after Trump's inauguration.

Comments