China stops Kailash pilgrims

Adjust Comment Print

India has taken up with the China the stopping of movement of pilgrims on the Kailash Mansarovar yatra, after Chinese border personnel refused to open gates at Nathu-La for over a week. Due to this, China has denied entry to Indian pilgrims who were on their way to Kailash Mansarovar.

Earlier, the 47 pilgrims who had been stranded on the Indian side of the border since June 20 after being denied access to cross over the global border, returned to Sikkim's capital Gangtok on Friday evening.

India has initiated discussions with China after a group of pilgrims headed to Manasarovar was denied permission by the neighbouring country to cross over the global border. This route sees Indians crossing through to Tibet and then using Chinese buses for their journey.

A batch of 50 pilgrims have returned from Sikkim after waiting for over a week for China to open the border gates. "So they can not proceed any further", a source said here.

The Chinese People's Liberation Army officials did not allow them to crossciting a landslide somewhere on the road ahead.

Just In: President Buhari Sends Greeting To Muslims From London
People are allowed to eat after sunset, Shearson said, so when the month of fasting falls in winter, people get to eat sooner. Families and friends gather to eat and pray together during festivities that last up to three days in many Muslim countries.

The first batch of 47 yatris had arrived in Sikkim on June 15.

The Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation is the nodal authority for conducting the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through Nathu La.

India has taken up the issue with Beijing, PTI reported. "Matter is being discussed with Chinese side", MEA official spokesperson Gopal Baglay said.

Earlier this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had met Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Kazakh capital Astana.

Comments