First female F1 team boss to leave Sauber

Adjust Comment Print

Monisha Kaltenborn reportedly steps down as team principal and chief executive of the Sauber Formula 1 team.

Kaltenborn was made principal in 2012 - the first woman in F1 in such a role, to replace team founder Peter Sauber.

Motorsport.com have stated that former HRT Team Principal Colin Kolles could be a potential candidate to take over from Kaltenborn, whilst others have suggested that Beat Zehnder and Technical Director Jorg Zander will most likely take control of the team's operations in Baku this weekend.

The BBC, also citing sources close to the team, said Kaltenborn had been in disagreement with owners Longbow Finance.

Ericsson has yet to score a point in seven races this season while Wehrlein, a Mercedes-backed driver, finished eighth in Spain in May.

Belgian PM: station attack could have been worse
Van Herreweghen said he sounded an alert to start evacuating the station over the station workers' radio communication system. And a concert by Coldplay that is expected to draw large crowds Wednesday evening will be supplemented with extra security.

Kaltenborn joined Sauber in 2000 as head of its legal department, before rising to CEO in January 2010 and taking a share in the company.

However with Sauber hitting financial troubles previous year, a rescue deal was put in place by Longbow Finance which saw Kaltenborn relinquish her shareholding in the team, but she remained in charge.

The team fell on hard times in recent seasons, struggling to score points last year, but the financial problems eased when Longbow, a Swiss-based investment company, took over in July last year.

She has remained F1's only female team principal ever since, although Claire Williams is the de facto boss of Williams in her role as deputy team principal, with father Sir Frank not well enough to take an active day-to-day role.

Comments