A MAN has died, and eight people have been hospitalised, after a van drove into pedestrians outside a Muslim place of worship in north London in the early hours of Monday morning. The driver was a 48 year-old white man and the incident is a terror attack on Muslims.
The 47-year-old suspect was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The Counter Terrorism Command has been deployed to investigate the incident with policing agreeing that it could be a terrorist attack.
Mohammed Kozbar, chairman of the Finsbury Park Mosque, called the incident a "cowardly attack" on worshippers.
One man was found dead at the scene.
In a statement given outside of Downing Street at noon today (19 June), Prime Minister Theresa May described the incident as "every bit as sickening" as the other recent terrorist attacks.
He did so early on Monday, and then later in the morning. "While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the awful attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect", he said. London's Mayor Sadiq Mayor Khan, the first Muslim to serve in that position, urged the public to focus on shared values and urged the city to stand together in an unprecedented period in the capital's history.
Abdikadir Warfa said the van turned into an alleyway and hit a number of people before coming to a stop.
Mr Corbyn will be attending prayers at Finsbury Park Mosque later on Monday with Islington Council Leader Richard Watts.
"He was screaming, he was saying, "I'm going to kill all Muslims, I'm going to kill all Muslims".
London vehicle hits pedestrians, police say 'number' of injuries
The council also clarified that the incident took place outside the Muslim Welfare House, 300 meters away from the mosque. She hailed the "bravery" of locals for detaining the driver at the scene in the north London district of Finsbury Park .
The firm said in a statement that it was "shocked and saddened" and co-operating with the police.
Metropolitan Police said officers were called to the scene on Seven Sisters Road at 12:20 a.m. Monday.
"They were worshippers. A man was taken ill and they were trying to help him, that is why there was a large crowd and visibly you can tell people are Muslims, I am not going to say the countries but they were clearly Muslim. And he hit another five people".
London Ambulance Service said that paramedics were also at the scene.
Mohammed Mahmoud was said to have used his body to shield the suspected terrorist, who had been wrestled from his vehicle, from the fury of onlookers.
In the wake of recent attacks, Zara chose to pull her young boys out of Islamic school, opting to teach them at home instead for fear that they might be radicalized. "We must stand united against hatred and extremism in all it's ugly forms", tweeted Trump, who is a top aide to her father, President Donald Trump.
London police closed the area to normal traffic.
After a 2003 raid by police investigating a ricin plot, the Finsbury Park Mosque was shut down - though Hamza had already been forced out by other members, and was reduced to addressing his followers in the street outside. We need people from all communities - Muslim, Jewish, Christian - to make London safe.
On 22 March, a man drove a rented auto into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in London and stabbed a policeman to death before being shot dead.
On May 22, a suicide attack killed 22 people and injured almost 60 after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.





Comments