Three Palestinians shot dead after killing Israeli officer

Adjust Comment Print

Palestinian militants denied an Islamic State claim Saturday that it was behind a deadly attack against Israel, saying it was their people who killed a female police officer on duty near Jerusalem's Old City.

At one, a Palestinian fatally stabbed policewoman 23-year-old Hadas Malka. According to them, two of the assailants opened fire on a group of officers who returned fire, and the third stabbed the border policewoman a short distance away before being shot. The girl died instantaneously and the attackers were shot dead by the police.This sad news was reported by Al Jazeera news channel. [The attack is] revenge for God's religion and for the violated sanctities of Muslims. Like the youngest generations in many countries today, the Oslo generation are looking forward to replacing their current incompetent leadership with new, young, energetic leadership that will take them to war against Israel, and lead to atrocities, mass killing, rape and torture of both Palestinians and Israelis, and a region soaked with blood.

Hours after the attack, the group announced that "soldiers of the caliphate" had launched the "blessed operation ... on a gathering of Jews" and vowed additional attacks.

The group's affiliate in Egypt, Sinai Province, claimed responsibility for a rocket fired into southern Israel in April, but it hit a greenhouse and no one was harmed. Malka was responding to the first attack when she was killed.

Following the attack, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a decision to cancel permission for Palestinians to visit family members in Jerusalem and Israel, officer said.

A fourth Palestinian, a Hebron resident who had been initially identified by Palestinian security as a perpetrator, was in fact a passerby who was wounded by gunshots and taken to hospital for treatment, Israeli police said. Later on, Gaza Strip ruling party Hamas said that ISIS' proclamation is incorrect and an attempt to distort the political scene. He said it was a move to "confuse the media and distort the reputation of the Palestinian resistance".

In addition, Israeli forces closed off Deir Abu-Mash'al, the Ramallah-area village where the three Palestinians who carried out Friday's attack were from.

US coroner investigating death of student freed from N Korea
Trump tweeted the day after an American detained for 17 months in North Korea died after being released and returning home. The coroner's office daily report Tuesday included Warmbier in its listings with cause of death termed "pending".

Israel lightened security and travel restrictions last month for the Muslim holiday but has revoked some travel permits in response to the attack.

'Adel Hassan 'Ankoush (19).

All three were from Deir Abu Mashal, a village near Ramallah, and had been arrested for or involved in "popular terror activity", a Shin Bet statement read.

The Israeli defense body COGAT announced the decision Sunday, shortly after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that preparations to destroy the homes of the three Palestinian assailants were underway.

Israeli authorities say most of the Palestinians killed were carrying out knife, gun or car-ramming attacks. The PLFP is a Marxist-Leninist group that broke away from the Arab Nationalist movement in the late 1960s and was credited with carrying out worldwide attacks, including plane hijackings, and in more recent times, rocket attacks on Israel.

"They planned the attacks together and illegally entered Israel and made their way into Jerusalem to carry them out", he said. On January 8, a Palestinian drove a truck into a group of Israeli soldiers, killing four.

Earlier, at his weekly Cabinet meeting, Netanyahu lashed out at Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas for not condemning the attack. The group said it had "no links outside Palestine", and justified the attack "in defense of our Jerusalem".

Comments