At least 17 people are known to have died in the fire at a tower block in North Kensington during the early hours of Wednesday.
London Police confirmed on Thursday that a criminal investigation will be launched.
Residents living nearby were evacuated during the fire because of falling debris.
"When I spoke to the emergency services, they told me that the way this fire progressed, how it took hold of this building was rapid, it was ferocious and it was unexpected", May said. "People were treating it nearly like a day out yesterday".
Firefighters continue to search the building, which was destroyed by the fire that quickly surrounded the structure and spread through the floors. Specially trained dogs were being brought in to aid the search. "The bodies have been taken to a morgue, but more bodies remain in the building".
"Tragically now we are not expecting to find anyone else alive". Police were unsure whether they would even be able to identify everyone.
"The Government has been absolutely clear on this: we need to do whatever is required and that will happen". "We need an explanation".
For now though, people in London are thinking more of those who lost their lives.
An investigation into the cause of the blaze, the worst in the British capital in a generation, was under way.
So far, 17 people have been reported dead in the fire and some 70 people have been hospitalized for injuries sustained in the incident, including 20 people whose condition is critical. London Fire Commissioner Dany Cotton said: "In my 29 years of being a firefighter, I have never ever seen anything of this scale".
WWE Names NXT Match As The WWE Match Of The Year
Natalya and Charlotte have a storied past with each other, starting with an NXT Women's Championship match several years ago. Alexa Bliss moved from SmackDown to RAW , is the RAW women's champion and seems at the top of her game there.
Fears grew for others, such Bassem Choukeir, his wife Nadia, her mother Sariyya and his three daughters Mirna, Fatmeh and Zaynab.
Among the missing are a six-month-old baby girl and her parents and an Italian couple.
Trevisan's boyfriend, Marco Gottardi, is also missing.
"As I was going down the stairs, there were firefighters, truly fantastic firefighters that were actually going upstairs, to the fire, trying to get as many people out of the building", he told the BBC. Now that the smoke has cleared, the public could only gape at the huge burned-out hulk in the working class, multi-ethnic neighbourhood. But the focus has turned to renovations completed past year that added decorative touches to the building.
Queen Elizabeth has visited residents, volunteers and emergency services personnel at a centre helping those affected by London's tower block fire, with grandson Prince William promising to return to hear residents' concerns.
St. Clement's Notting Dale, a church near the tower, was turned into an informal center for people searching for missing friends and family. A handwritten sign ripped from a spiral pad reads "breakfast from 0800 inside". The church is also serving lunch and dinner to survivors. "Praying for auntie", one message read. Others tossed small children.
By Thursday, community centers had been so overwhelmed by food and clothing donations that they started turning away new donations.
Relatives of two young Italian architects say they are missing in the London high-rise fire and are hoping for a miracle.
"At times like this the response of the community has been extraordinary".




Comments