Police find body in Thames; likely 8th victim

Adjust Comment Print

Paris: French president Emmanuel Macron confirmed on Wednesday that a third citizen had died in last weekend's jihadist attack in London after police searching for a missing Frenchman found a body in the River Thames.

"There are three deaths and eight injuries on the French side", Macron said, deploring the "heavy toll these attacks have taken on us".

Police said there would be "increased physical measures on London's bridges to keep the public safe". The force said formal identification has not yet taken place, but Xavier Thomas's next of kin had been informed.

The French national was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began.

Police had been searching for Xavier Thomas, a French man who had been missing since three assailants ploughed a rented auto into crowds on London Bridge and attacked people in Borough Hall with knives on Saturday.

Police said earlier that witness accounts suggested he might have been thrown into the river.

Ms Delcros was seriously injured by the van, although her condition in hospital has stabilised, her family said.

Seven people were killed and dozens wounded in the attacks by three assailants near London Bridge.

Microsoft announces original Xbox backwards compatibility for the Xbox One X
First of all, a couple of teaser videos were released to hype up the Project Scorpio keynote at for E3 2017. The live stream of Bethesda's event will be available on Twitch or YouTube , starting at 9PM PT / 12AM ET.

Butt was the supposed ringleader of the London Bridge terror attack who was photographed on the ground wearing an Arsenal football shirt with canisters strapped to his body.

Scotland Yard named Zaghba as the third and final attacker, but reports from Italy immediately indicated that the security services knew of his attempts to travel to Syria in an apparent attempt to join Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

Neither he nor Redouane was known to police or security services.

Both British authorities and Ireland's Police Commissioner Noirin O'Sullivan have said they had no evidence Redouane was involved in any terror cell during his time in both countries. Italian officials said suspicions about him were shared with British authorities and his name was listed in the Europe-wide intelligence-sharing system.

Harry said: "Australians form an important and vibrant part of the fabric of life in London and we are reminded of that in good times and bad".

The youngest of the attackers, an Italian national of Moroccan descent, he was allowed to enter the United Kingdom and had been living in east London.

The attack came just five days before Thursday's general election and has dominated the debate since. A court later decided there was insufficient evidence to try him and dropped the charges.

In addition to the eight killed, 48 were injured in the knife and vehicle assault on London Bridge and Borough Market's nearby bars and restaurants.

Comments