Christian Pulisic saw action in the second half for Borussia Dortmund as Monaco walked away with a slight edge after the teams squared off in their first leg Champions League quarterfinal game.
Its coach Thomas Tuchel accused European football's governing body Uefa of treating the bomb attack as if only a "beer can" had been thrown.
Dortmund was without Spanish central defender Marc Bartra, who underwent surgery for injuries to his wrist and arm after the three devices packed with metal pins detonated close to the team bus Tuesday night. "We were told by text message that the decision had been made in Switzerland [where Uefa are based]".
"We weren't asked at all at any time", Tuchel said. We will not forget it.
"It is a very bad feeling". "I know soccer is important, but we are only human". There's so much more than football in this world. It's incredibly hard to talk about. I don't wish a feeling like this on anyone.
"If you weren't in the bus I'm sure you can't imagine how it was. I can't forget the faces".
"Last night we felt how it is to be in a situation like this".
UEFA official Giorgio Marchetti told CNN Sport Wednesday he had encountered "nothing of this nature" before.
Admitting that this was the most hard situation the club had faced in decades, Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said they would "not bend before terror".
The Dortmund players were back in training on Wednesday morning to prepare for the evening's fixture.
Canadiens look to continue to shut down, frustrate Rangers in Game 4
The Canadiens almost cleared the zone, but defenseman Ryan McDonagh gloved the puck out of the air and dropped it to the ice. And when Montreal's defense has faltered, Carey Price has been there to pick up the pieces, allowing one goal on 21 shots.
The second half was a different story as Ousmane Dembele and Shinji Kagawa scored either side of Mbappe's second to give the German side hope for the return leg.
Unsurprisingly, security was tightened for the match following an incident German chancellor Angela Merkel had described as "repugnant".
"Both of their apartments were searched, and one of the two has been detained", said Frauke Koehle, from the federal prosecutor's office. There is no golden way to deal with this because it was the first time for everyone. Aubameyang, who played two games less, has 25.
German investigators Thursday focused their probe into three explosions that rocked the Borussia Dortmund football team bus on a sole "Islamist" suspect in custody, after the side defiantly returned to the pitch.
According to the prosecutors, a note left at the scene of the bombing suggests the attack could have been carried out by Muslim extremists.
"Bartra!" just before the match got under way.
Undeterred by the previous night's bomb attack, 65,849 fans filled the Westfalenstadion.
All day Monaco fans piled into the German club's boutique, snapping up Dortmund gear before kick-off. Fabinho stepped up to take the penalty, but missed horribly to the right side of the goal.
Monaco went further ahead in the 35th minute when Andrea Raggi sent an swinging cross towards Radamel Falcao and, although Bender got to it first, he only succeeded in heading it past Roman Buerki and into the net.





Comments