US tells North Korea: We don't want a fight, don't start one

Adjust Comment Print

Kim Jong Un appeared at the militaristic celebration, waving and smiling at his troops.

Responding to the reporter's question with a nod, Trump said, "Just behave". He called it "a risky situation in which a thermonuclear war may break out at any minute".

Guterres singled out the countries "in the front line" of contacts with North Korea - the U.S., China, South Korea, Russia and Japan - and said everybody involved should "make sure that everything is done for the threat represented by the development in relation to missiles and in relation to the potential for nuclear capability not to become a threat to the global community".

The alarming movement on the side of North Korea prompted the USA government, under the novice President Donald Trump, to also show force by sending troops near North Korea.

"We're going to abandon the failed policy of strategic patience", Pence said in an interview at the demilitarized zone between the two nations. "Our hope is that we can resolve this issue peaceably".

North Korea, however, withdrew from the six-party talks aimed at the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula in 2009 and has shown no interest in returning.

Dad: Fresno shooting suspect spoke of race war
Mark Gassett, 37, of Fresno, had just picked up groceries at a Catholic Charities building when he was gunned down. He and Randalls were friends for 15 years after bonding on a job over a love of music and the Los Angeles Dodgers.

During his presidential election campaign, Trump repeatedly said that he would pressure China to restrict North Korea's nuclear ambitions.

On April 14, US media reported that US President Donald Trump might order a strike against North Korea if Pyongyang chose to carry out another nuclear weapon test.

"This live-fire exercise not only provided officers and sailors with an opportunity to fire the artillery, but also tested and regulated their firing techniques and help them gather battling experience", Xiang Zhihong, a supervising officer with the China's north sea fleet, said.

"I have great confidence that China will properly deal with North Korea", he tweeted last week.

In his New Year's address, Kim Jong-un warned that the regime was close to testing an ICBM.

Comments