Schools Locked Down In Cleveland Suspect Hunt

Adjust Comment Print

Authorities are still on the hunt for 37-year-old Steve Stephens, the suspect in the Sunday murder in Cleveland, Ohio that was recorded on video and posted to Facebook.

Police in Cleveland, Ohio said they believe the suspect, 37-year-old Steve Stephens, is armed and unsafe, and have alerted authorities in four neighboring states to be on the lookout for him.

Stephens' mother said her son was randomly shooting people because he was angry at a girlfriend, and police have said he had no connection to Godwin. At the time this article was written, police were searching for Stephens in five states, WLS-TV reported Monday.

Stephens said on Facebook that he had committed an "Easter day slaughter" but the police chief said no other victims have been found.

"Find me somebody I'm about to kill, I'm gonna kill this guy right here", Stephens says as he gets out of his auto.

Police in Philadelphia say schools have been locked down as they investigate reported sightings of the suspect in an apparently random killing in Cleveland.

"We just received 911 calls", a Philadelphia police spokesperson said. It also is a misappropriation of energy that should be used on finding Steve Stephens.

Mr Williams said detectives spoke with Mr Stephens via mobile phone after the "heinous crime" but he had since slipped through the authorities' grasp.

In the video, apparently recorded by the suspect, Steve Stephens, a person is getting out of a auto in a residential area and says, "Here's somebody I'm about to kill".

The video's of Godwin's shooting was online for three hours before being taken down; it is still being shared by users on social media.

Chelsea restore seven-point lead with victory over Bournemouth
As a result they've only leaked in 25 goals which is only bettered by Manchester United (25) and Spurs (22). We know what we are playing for, motivation is 100 per cent and we played a good game.

Lane told CBS News in a text message: "We had been in a relationship for several years".

"Not because he needed the money, it was just something he did", said 52-year-old Debbie Godwin.

The victim's son, Robert Godwin Jr., told Cleveland.com that he can't bring himself to watch the video.

Update: Facebook put out a statement Monday explaining the timeline of Stephens's uploads, and the third, confessional live video he posted.

Earlier today police issued a warning to people in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and NY to be on the lookout.

"This is a horrific crime and we do not allow this kind of content on Facebook", the company said in a statement.

Lane, via social media, assured her closest friends and family members that she is safe and physically unharmed and is under the protection of law enforcement until such time as this tragic situation comes to its conclusion.

A spokeswoman for the behavior health facility where the suspect in the shooting of an elderly Cleveland man worked says the man underwent an extensive Federal Bureau of Investigation background check before being hired in 2008. He helped young people develop job skills and find employment, said Beech Brook spokeswoman Nancy Kortemeyer.

At approximately 1:06 AM on Friday April 14, 2017, Butte Police were assisting Montana Parole and Probation Officers as they conducted a search at a residence at 118 E. Platinum Street in Butte.

Comments