Glenn Beck Countersues Tomi Lahren, Claiming She Mistreated Blaze Staff

Adjust Comment Print

The Blaze and Beck are seeking a temporary restraining order and injunction that would bar Lahren from making any public appearances without their approval, and from making any unauthorized statements about her employment there, along with any disparaging or negative comments.

Lahren filed a lawsuit on April 7 that alleges she was fired-not just suspended-for her comments on "The View", according to a New York Times article of the same date.

Lahren isn't exactly high up on the empathy meter when it comes to people feeling bad about her situation.

Many employees have overheard Lahren complaining about The Blaze, saying that she will sue The Blaze and "that she could own The Blaze when she is done", the filing says.

TheBlaze has taken control of Lahren's Facebook page, where she has 4.2 million followers, and refuses to give her access to it, her suit alleges. Beck came back swinging in a 35-page counterclaim obtained by LawNewz.com and filed in Texas court on Monday.

Looks like the legal fires are still burning at Glenn Beck's TheBlaze.

The Blaze also listed a number of complaints against Lahren, including "inappropriate and unprofessional" treatment of the floor crew, borderline profanity on air, turning down advertisers without explanation, discussing her wardrobe allowance and complaining about the network.

The prolonged, tragic-ish fall of former The Blaze correspondent Tomi Lahren is now getting even more prolonged and tragic-ish, as she is now being countersued by her old employer and the site's founder Glenn Beck for breaching her contract. The Blaze claims that it - not Lahren - owns the page, but that "the only restriction of her use of it would be to abide by her contract and her nondisclosure agreement".

Violence spikes in Indian Kashmir after videos inflame tension
In the video, security force personnel are seen shooting from behind a wall at the protestors a short distance away. In the video an army personnel can be heard warning onlookers, "Those who pelt stones will meet the same fate".

Her comments on The View, the suit said, "demonstrated an apparent flip-flop from opinions she had previously expressed".

In December, for example, the filing notes that Lahren referred to those who are pro-choice as "straight-up baby killers".

Lahren's attorney did not immediately return a request for comment.

The countersuit also petitions for a court order to ban Tomi Lahren from speaking in public without TheBlaze's approval, which given the bad blood, is unlikely to be granted anytime soon.

Instead, the counterclaim contends, the company opted to exercise a standard "pay or play" clause which allows them to keep Lahren off air, and continue to pay her. She claims she was directed to stay away from social media and that co-workers placed an "X" with yellow caution tape on her office/dressing room, according to details from her lawsuit published by the Dallas Morning News.

However, the countersuit asserts, Lahren's employment agreement with The Blaze "remains in full force and effect", and is still being paid by the organization.

Lahren has argued that she has been effectively fired since she was locked out of the office and her work email account, and her show was canceled.

Comments