Jury in ex-NFL player's trial ends 5th day without verdict

Adjust Comment Print

Aaron Hernandez blows kisses to his daughter, who sat with her mother Wednesday in Suffolk Superior Court.

The jury in the double-murder trial of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez has started its third day of deliberations.

Prosecutors say the former National Football League star shot to death Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, because Abreu accidentally splashed a drink on him at Boston's Cure nightclub on July 16, 2012.

Daniel de Abreu (left) and Safiro Furtado.

Jurors will resume deliberations Wednesday morning at 9.

Americans' Support for Trump Foreign Policy Rises After Missile Attack in Syria
He also alleged that last week's chemical weapons attack was a fabrication to justify the United States military strike. Lavrov said the investigation should also be widened to include experts from many nations.

On Monday, a lawyer for Hernandez told Judge Jeffrey Locke that his selection of a white woman as the forewoman on the predominantly minority jury has "troubling racial overtones".

The 27-year-old Hernandez already is serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

The jury has deliberated for 32 hours. Hernandez faces a witness intimidation charge in that shooting.

After jurors left the courtroom to deliberate, attorneys discussed with Judge Jeffrey Locke why Patriots head coach Bill Belichick did not testify despite being subpoenaed. Bradley, who is serving a five-year sentence in CT for a shooting in a Hartford club in 2014, has been granted immunity by prosecutors in exchange for his testimony in the Hernandez trial.

Attorney Jose Baez said he didn't push for Belichick's testimony because it wasn't important to the defense. His lawyers say Hernandez's former friend was the triggerman.

Comments