O'Reilly's Ratings Soar Despite Sex Harassment Charges

Adjust Comment Print

On tonight's episode of The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly-who is now in the middle of a big sexual harassment scandal-announced that he's taking a vacation and will be gone from his show until April 24, but a report from New York Magazine suggests that he might not actually get to come back at all.

The New York Times reported last week that five women received payments from either 21st Century Fox or from O'Reilly in exchange for agreeing not to sue or talk about their allegations that O'Reilly verbally abused them, subjected them to unwanted advances or made lewd comments. He announced that he'd scheduled his trip "last fall" - well before the New York Times reported he paid $13 million to settle harassment claims.

Walsh said she came forward because she was told by a Times reporter that numerous women who have accused O'Reilly of harassment are bound by gag orders.

In 2015, The O'Reilly Factor was a major source of Fox News funding, generating more than $178 million (£142 million) in advertising revenues. At the end of the dinner he said 'Let's get out of here, ' and I thought he meant, let's go to the bar and continue talking about my career and to get more career advice.

The British comedian bought ad space on The O'Reilly Factor to submit his widely recognized "Catheter Cowboy" in hopes of schooling Trump on sexual harassment.

Brokers Issue New Targets On Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES)
Finally, Wesbanco Bank Inc. bought a new stake in shares of Hess Corp. during the fourth quarter valued at approximately $216,000. Seven investment analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and nine have issued a buy rating to the company's stock.

Another former Fox News host, Andrea Tantaros, named O'Reilly in a lawsuit a year ago claiming he and other network executives had subjected her to unwanted sexual advances.

"Personally, I think he shouldn't have settled", said Trump, according to New York Times. Fox said no employees had raised concerns about O'Reilly and it had been looking into the matter in recent months.

The complaint was recorded by Walsh's her lawyer, former NBC contributor Lisa Bloom, and posted on YouTube.

O'Reilly spokesperson Mark Fabiani told CNNMoney that O'Reilly will be replaced by rotating substitute hosts during his absence. But he was topped by a teammate: Sean Hannity's show last Thursday, less than an hour after it was announced that President Trump had taken military action in Syria, had almost 5 million viewers. The anchor regularly attracts more than 3 million viewers to his 8 p.m. program, setting up an audience that is can be funneled throughout the cable-news outlet's primetime lineup.

All of these women either worked for Fox News or were a guest on O'Reilly's primetime program.

Comments