Bill O'Reilly announces he's taking a vacation amid sexual harassment scandal

Adjust Comment Print

Viewers and fans of "The O'Reilly Factor" were surprised to learn that the former journalist might have hosted his last show Tuesday night.

Bill O'Reilly's announcement comes after a New York Times report that revealed Fox or O'Reilly paid out $13 million to settle sexual harassment cases against him.

So, while the timing of O'Reilly's departure has ginned up speculation it might be permanent, there is no concrete sign O'Reilly won't be keeping his promise to return on April 24.

Read: Donald Trump Defends His Longtime Friend Bill O'Reilly Amid Sexual Allegation Claims?

The company recently upped O'Reilly's contract and, NYT, in its report, said some of the payments were made since Ailes' exit. Independent studies show he generates more than $100 million in advertising revenue per year for TV's top-rated cable news network.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Puts The Blame On Galaxy S8
The Samsung Galaxy S8 will be the first product to feature Bixby and starts shipping on the 21st of April. If it wasn't a major issue, the company would have shipped the devices with an update to solve the issue.

[A] ccording to four network sources, there's talk inside Fox News that tonight's show could be his last. There is already rampant speculation both inside Fox News and in the media - led by a report by NY magazine's Gabriel Sherman - that he may not return, though a Fox News spokesperson denied that was the case. During the April 10 edition of The O'Reilly Factor, the Fox News personality broke out into giggles after viewing another human being's pain and humiliation.

O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox reportedly paid a sum of $13million to Rachel Bernstein, Andrea Mackris, Rebecca Diamond, Laurie Dhue and Juliet Huddy - all of whom either worked with him or appeared on his show. This dynamic was played out previously last summer in the midst of the sexual harassment claims against former Fox chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, which evidently saw things go James' way (Ailes resigned). "Weirdly, we haven't heard back from them since, which is a little surprising because we're one of the only advertisers offering to buy time on his show at the moment", Oliver said.

Over two dozen companies - including Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, BMW and Allstate - have pulled advertisements from the Fox show in light of accusations against O'Reilly. "Put it to good use", he told viewers.

Or is it possible that the famed Fox News talking-head might actually be taking a break from the "no-spin zone" for good? Our role as an independent, fact-based news organization has never been clearer.

Comments