Gianforte wins US House seat day after assault charge
Gianforte broke his silence at his victory celebration Thursday night, where he apologized to Jacobs. Gianforte apologized in his victory speech: "When you make a mistake you have to own up to it. More than 250,000 absentee ballots had already been cast by Wednesday, which could amount to more than half the total. Gianforte's campaign released a statement contradicting Jacobs' version of events stating that when the candidate tried to push Jacob's recorder away, Jacobs grabbed his hand ...
Global News - All News
-
$110bn arms deal to counter Iran's evil influence: Tillerson
Within hours of Trump's speech Rouhani's rivals were hitting at him hard, calling him responsible for Trump's attack, as well as for the diplomatic success of Saudi Arabia - Iran's regional archrival - in apparently uniting numerous Islamic nations against the Republic.
-
I want old greens back, jokes Wood after Wentworth 72
The condition of the greens also came in for criticism from the likes of Luke Donald and Justin Rose , with two-time victor Donald suggesting in 2015 they needed replacing for the second time in six years. British Open victor Stenson made rapid strides with four birdies on the inward half but said it had been tricky to read some of the greens at the start.
-
Egypt: Gunmen kill at least 23 people in bus attack
The horrifying attack unfolded in the Minya Province, 220 kilometers away from the capital of Cairo . Coptic Christians have faced persecution and discrimination in Egypt, which has spiked since the toppling of Hosni Mubarak's regime in 2011.
-
Former Senator Lieberman is front-runner for FBI post -Politico, CNN
Joe Lieberman was among his top candidates. Mr. Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions met with Lieberman at the White House on Wednesday. Sen. On Wednesday, it was reported that Trump was considering four candidates for the job. The 75-year-old was Connecticut's attorney general in the 1980s, and presidential nominee Al Gore's running mate in the hotly contested 2000 election.
-
Foreign Officials Congratulate Iran's President on Election Win
Interior Minister Abdul Reza Rahmani Fazli said Raisi received 38.5%, or 15.7m votes - not enough to take the election to a second round. Considered a moderate, many Iranians hope Rouhani will introduce reforms and improve relations internationally.
-
South Korea fires warning shots after North Korea launches unidentified projectile
In January 2016, South Korea's military fired warning shots after a North Korean drone briefly crossed the border. U.S. President Donald Trump has said "a major, major conflict" with North Korea is possible and that all options are on the table, but that he wants to resolve the crisis diplomatically.
-
Federal Bureau of Investigation declines to provide requested materials to House Oversight
Chaffetz's letter stated that Rosenstein told members of Congress last week that Mueller's investigation "should not impede the ongoing congressional probes" and that Rosenstein requested congressional investigators coordinate efforts with the Department of Justice.
-
N.Korea launches 'projectile' north of Pyongyang
Protesters were rallying against Park's ties to a corruption scandal, and not against her responses to North Korea provocations or her commitment to the alliance with the United States. During the closed-door meeting however, China made no mention of a new sanctions resolution and renewed its appeal for talks to de-escalate tensions on the Korean peninsula, according to diplomats.
-
Trump will convey opposition to 'settlements' during Israel trip
HALEY: "I don't know what the policy of the administration is, but I believe the Western Wall is part of Israel and I think that that is how, you know, we've always seen it and that's how we should pursue it". Mat Staver, the founder and chairman of the Liberty Counsel, told JNS.org that he believes Trump is receiving pressure to nix the embassy move from "some Muslim nations, some establishment people in the State Department, and even no doubt from some people in his own party and in Israel".
-
Manchester attack: Bomb-making workshop reportedly discovered at bomber's home
Spears said the band were all safe and were evacuated within seconds of the bomb going off. In another development a senior U.S. congressman says the explosives used in the Manchester Arena were the same as those used in the Islamic State extremists attacks on Paris in November 2015 and Brussels in March 2016.
-
Images of shrapnel, backpack and detonator used in Manchester bombing emerge
The bombing, which took place at the Manchester Arena indoor venue just after the end of a concert by United States pop singer Ariana Grande , was the deadliest in Britain since July 2005, when 52 people were killed in attacks on London's transport network.






