Pep Guardiola insists allegations of malpractice at Manchester City can not taint his legacy or the achievements of his side.
Moreover, the Champions League has rarely been so open for a new victor.
Numerous claims predate the arrival of Guardiola as manager in 2016, since when the club have excelled.
"My first comment is we won because we deserved to win by far".
Guardiola kept Sterling's feet on the ground by saying "he can do better" after a match that was level until a controversial opener just after half-time.
"Today we started a competition with nine games - not one with 38", he said. Believe me, I don't care. "You can not expect that, in nine games in a title race, everything is going to be comfortable". They made a double substitution and quickly scored a goal following a mistake by Otamendi who simply failed to clear his lines.
Watford made seven changes to their starting line-up ahead of Saturday's game at the Etihad Stadium in an attempt to frustrate the champions, and just like Bournemouth did the previous weekend the Hornets reached the interval without recording a single shot of any note. I know it's important for Watford.
Do you have a life-changing story you would like us to publish?
Michael Cohen sues Trump Organization for almost $2M in unpaid legal fees
A spokesperson for Cummings did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment on when that review would take place. Rudolph Giuliani, an adviser to Trump and former New York City mayor, suggested in an interview that Cohen was owed nothing.
Asked if he was concerned these issues could affect his legacy, Guardiola said: "No, absolutely not".
It took time for City to find a way through, as it was involved in a goalless first half for the third league game in a row.
The former Barcelona tactician has urged the European football governing body to come up with a decision on their matter soon.
Manchester City, meanwhile, will not be in Premier League action again until Saturday 30 March, when they travel to Fulham, due to their involvement in the FA Cup next weekend.
UEFA was previously found to have breached financial fair play rules in 2014.
The fact City still had the individual talent to come from behind a man down thanks to a brilliant Leroy Sane free-kick and Raheem Sterling's injury time victor shows why they remain on course for a historic quadruple of trophies this season.
The Premier League's investigation relates to the signing of academy players and third party ownership. He keeps responding to those challenges and he's still only 24-years-old. Sancho has since joined Borussia Dortmund from City. Press Association Sport understands Watford are monitoring the situation following reports they could also take action. Manchester City claim that Der Spiegel's allegations "result from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails".
City maintain the accusations are "entirely false".





Comments