Seoul proposed the two Koreas' Red Cross agencies meet at the South's side of the Panmunjeom truce village on August first for the family reunion.
Seoul's proposal for two sets of talks indicates President Moon Jae-in is pushing to improve ties with Pyongyang despite the North's first intercontinental ballistic missile this month. Prospects for talks on family reunions are less good because North Korea has previously demanded that South Korea repatriate some North Korean defectors living in the South before any reunions take place, according to the analysts.
There are also reports of increased activity at the Yongbyon uranium enrichment facility that could indicate plutonium production underway in the past year to further increase the North's nuclear weapons stockpile.
North Korea says the South abducted the 12 waitresses and the restaurant manager and has demanded their return, but the South has said the group made a decision to defect of its own free will. Cho said this matter is not included on the talks agenda.
South Korea offered Monday to talk with North Korea to ease animosities along their tense border and resume reunions of families separated by their war in the 1950s.
Lawyer Ty Cobb to join White House to handle Russian Federation probes
President Trump will visit the display as an effort to highlight his campaign promise to focus on hiring and buying American. Now one former ethics lawyer says the United States might as well give Putin security clearance if Kushner gets to keep his.
"The United States should understand that until they will not stop their hostile policy against North Korea, the missile and nuclear program of Pyongyang would never become the point of discussion and the dialogue on North Korea's denuclearization would never happen", the KCNA statement said.
Vice Defense Minister Suh Choo Suk said the South's defense officials are proposing talks at the border village of Panmunjom on Friday to discuss how to end hostile activities along the border. It recent test of an ICBM put it one step closer to its goal of developing nuclear-armed missiles capable of reaching anywhere in the United States. The ministry, which gave no agenda for the talks, said it was still waiting for an answer from Pyongyang.
After the ICBM launch, Kim said he would never negotiate over his weapons programs as long as USA hostility and nuclear threats persist.
When asked if South Korea was willing to "be flexible" on military drills with the United States should North Korea be open to talks, Mr Cho said the government had not discussed the matter specifically. The proposal aims to mutually halt acts of hostility along the border as of July 27 which is the 64th anniversary of the Armistice Treaty that ended the three-year Korean War in a ceasefire in 1953.



Comments