Bill Cosby's attorney says he is worried about entertainer's health

Adjust Comment Print

Constand, who was then an employee of Temple University, Cosby's alma mater, claims the comic gave her drugs that incapacitated her to the degree that she could not stop him from assaulting her.

He later said that "for Mr. Cosby's sake, I just hope that they let him get back to work and be who he has always been: America's favorite dad".

"There may not be enough evidence for a criminal conviction, but that does not rule out a civil verdict", said Harris.

As reported by Newsday, a total of 60 women have come forward with accusations of sexual assault. She testified the entertainer led her to a couch and she quickly became incapacitated as Cosby groped her breasts, inserted his finger in her and put her hand on his penis.

Cosby's chief accuser, Canadian Andrea Constand is thanking prosecutors for taking her case and in a statement and said the trial has given a voice to the many complainants who felt powerless and silenced.

"He thought he could bury us", accuser Linda Kirkpatrick said of Cosby outside the courtroom in Norristown, Pennsylvania.

Cosby previously said under oath that he got several prescriptions for quaaludes in the 1970s to give to drug women before having sex with them.

"That is the human side of the legal system that can be hard to predict", he said.

"In civil cases, the battle is over money damages, as opposed to sending someone to prison", Callan said.

Cristiano Ronaldo won't quit Real Madrid, says club president Florentino Perez
Spanish prosecutors have accused Manchester United manager José Mourinho of tax fraud . This is very unusual and in the next few days I'll talk to him.

Gloria Allred, an attorney who represents many of Cosby's accusers, told reporters Saturday outside court in Norristown that it's "not over until it's over". The incidents made her uncomfortable, but she continued to trust him because of who he was, the affidavit said.

The case was delivered to the jury Monday afternoon after a brief defense, which didn't include Cosby testifying. She said she found Cosby at the bottom of the stairs; he gave her a muffin before opening the door and letting her out.

McMonagle said asking Cosby to surrender had been hard.

When asked if Cosby had a message to share with his accusers, Wyatt bristled: "This is not about all the women, this was about Ms. Constand". Three more have defamation or sexual battery suits pending in California. Cosby has given a sealed deposition in the case. A retrial must take place within a year, but O'Neill said he wanted it to happen within 120 days.

However, defence attorneys may have undercut Valliere's testimony by suggesting she was biased by showing jurors comments she'd posted on Facebook seeming to celebrate a prosecution victory in the pretrial fight over evidence in the case.

Still, Cosby's team believes the case is bunk, and retrying it would be unfair to the celebrity due to his failing health. A judge recently denied Cosby's motion to dismiss the case, and a trial has been scheduled for June 2018. He pledged the three counts of aggravated indecent assault would stand and praised Constand's "courage".

As those accusers, including model Janice Dickinson and journalist Joan Tarshis, shared similar allegations, a series of public relations blunders cast a long shadow over the beleaguered Cosby.

Cosby is also battling sexual battery or defamation cases still pending by 10 women in California and MA.

An eighth woman withdrew her lawsuit.

Comments