Perez says he hasn't spoken to Ronaldo about rumors of exit

Adjust Comment Print

The complaint was quickly followed by reports that Ronaldo has chose to leave Madrid ahead of next season following his tax problems, but Perez is adamant the prolific forward will only be on the move for a huge transfer fee.

According to Sky Sports News (h/t James Cambridge of the Express), former Real president Ramon Calderon has "cast a major doubt" over the player's return to Old Trafford after questioning Ronaldo's relationship with United manager Jose Mourinho.

"We tried for him to come, but we saw at one point that it was not possible and we withdrew (from the deal)", Perez told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

"I know Cristiano, he's a good guy as a professional and as a person", he continued. "This is all very odd, I will have to speak with him to see what's going on". We have not had an offer for Cristiano. the Sheikh at PSG is a friend of mine and he hasn't called me nor have we talked. What I will say is that everyone must fulfil their tax obligations.

"I have always said I have great affection for Cristiano". I can not tell you.

Ronaldo has been accused by prosecutors of defrauding Spanish tax authorities out of €14.7million, some $16.4 million, an allegation that he strenuously has denied.

FBI Believes Missing Illinois Student Was Kidnapped
Zhang, a 26-year-old visiting scholar from China, was reported missing on Friday, June 9 and has not been heard from since. Yingying Zhang , 26, was last seen getting into a vehicle on the University of IL campus in Urbana-Campaign on June 9.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reported that Manchester United are prepared to pay a staggering £183 million (S$323 million) plus goalkeeper David de Gea - in whom Real have a long-standing interest - in exchange for Ronaldo and United target Alvaro Morata.

Ronaldo has helped Real win the Champions League thrice, scoring twice in last month's final as they became the first club to retain the title, and he is also the competition's record goal scorer with 105 strikes.

"This is the model that will continue to define Real Madrid".

It will be the third term for the 70-year-old construction magnate who has spent 15 years at the helm of Europe's most successful club - 2000-2006 and since 2009.

Florentino Perez will stay on as Real Madrid president until 2021 after no other candidates presented a bid to rival the incumbent before Sunday's deadline, the European champions announced in a statement on Monday.

Madrid's state prosecutor has alleged Ronaldo used an off-shore company to hide a portion of his income from the tax office.

Comments