Authorities say the death toll is expected to rise, but they haven't been able to provide a specific figure for the number of people missing.
Your browser doesn't recognise available video formats.
Commander Stuart Cundy, of the Metropolitan Police, said: "Sadly I can confirm that the number of people who have died is now 17".
An acclaimed photographer, a six-month-old baby and a pair of Italian architects are among the dozens reported missing in the London tower block fire.
The London Fire Brigade was at the scene working to determine the cause of the fire and looking for people who are missing.
"People deserve answers. The inquiry will give them that", said May, the Conservative leader who set aside her efforts to form a new government Thursday to visit the scene of the blaze.
"He was on the 24th floor and couldn't get out and he was saying he couldn't stand on the floor because it was too hot".
Specially trained dogs are being sent in to look for victims.
"Crews wearing breathing apparatus and extended duration breathing apparatus have been working in extremely challenging and hard conditions to rescue people and bring this major fire under control", Cotton said.
She said early Thursday that authorities have finally extinguished the last pockets of flame, and are trying to secure edges of the building for a fingertip search.
"Tragically now we are not expecting to find anyone else alive".
A specialist fire investigation team has identified what is believed to have been the flat where the fire began.
"[Cladding] produces a wind tunnel and also traps any burning material between the rain cladding and the building", fire expert and surveyor Arnold Tarling told The Independent.
Queen Elizabeth II sent her condolences, paying tribute to the bravery of the emergency services.
"I have never really felt safe in these towers, nobody does", said Soran Karimi.
She was surrounded by firefighters.
North Korea says American detainee Warmbier released on humanitarian grounds
Fred also said Trump told him that they worked extremely hard to bring Otto home , and he was sorry this was the outcome. After making a tearful confession before the cameras, he was sentenced to 15 years' hard labor.
Johnson responded: "Because we're improving fire coverage, as I said several times, by continuing to reduce deaths from fire and continuing to reduce the incidents of fire".
"It is also heartening to see the incredible generosity of community volunteers rallying to help those affected by this awful event", she in a statement.
May said an inquiry, which is an official review of government action, was needed to ensure "this awful tragedy is properly investigated".
"As residents of the local area they are keen to offer their immediate support".
According to the BBC, the cladding had a plastic core, and was similar to that used by high-rise buildings in France, the United Arab Emirates and Australia which had also suffered fires that spread.
A tenants' group had complained for years about the risk of a fire in the building.
"It appears that the external cladding has significantly contributed to the spread of fire", said Angus Law from the BRE Centre for Fire Safety Engineering at the University of Edinburgh.
Rydon, the firm that carried out the work, said in a statement that the project "met all required building regulations".
Six bodies have so far been recovered from outside the 24-storey tower and identified, while 11 bodies have been located inside but can not yet be removed. "For free. I will".
Ora, 26, posted a video of herself among black sacks of donations, including clothes, water and food, at one of the help points in west London.
Many have been flooded with so much food, clothing and other supplies that they were turning new donations away.
Her younger sister phoned the emergency services number and was told to remain in the flat.
Some people have being posting on social media, offering transport or a place to stay.
A third campaign from the London Evening Standard had raised £282,939 by 6am on Thursday.
During the chaotic first day of the investigation, the police's casualty bureau was said to have received 5,000 calls.





Comments