Officers have so far spoken to 262 people from 19 different countries in relation the June 3rd attacks that killed eight people.
Eight people died, including Australians Sara Zelenak and Kirsty Boden, when the attackers drove a van into pedestrians on the London Bridge on June 3 before stabbing dozens of bystanders at the nearby Borough Market.
After leaving the small white van, the men used 12-inch knives with bright pink blades, said Dean Haydon, head of the Metropolitan Police's Counter-Terrorism Command.
The van was used to mow down the first victims, killing three of them, as it mounted the pavement on the busy bridge last Saturday night. "Where might the attackers have bought them from", said Hayden, in an appeal for more information.
They are also warning the public of other similar attacks and want to hear from anyone suspicious of behaviour around the use of hire vehicles, fuel, knives and mobile phones.
"The security firm would check his background but it does not have access to the police watch list or have knowledge of any MI5 investigation".
Later on Saturday, cops shared photos of the bogus explosive belts found strapped to the terrorists.
Each belt had three disposable water bottles "covered in masking tape attached to the belt", the statement added.
Anti-Shariah rally in Denver draws people from both sides
They organize the protests nationwide looking at about 19 different states where they say these rallies were happening. Local police officers closely controlled the demonstrators and issued a few warnings but there were no arrests.
Police also revealed that the attackers had stored in the van petrol bombs - several wine bottles filled with flammable liquid and rags wrapped around them - but police fatally shot the trio before they could return to the van and kill even more people.
Sunday Express journalist Geoff Ho was severely wounded when he confronted the attackers after they smashed their way into a restaurant in Borough Market. Police believe Butt was driving the van.
Police said the three men - Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba - had driven up and down London Bridge twice before carrying out the attack, in what appeared as a dry run.
They believe there are more who haven't come forward and they are urging them to do so.
"It could be that they had plans to take the attack into a siege situation or it might be that they saw it as protection from being shot themselves", the officer said.
Haydon added that the apparent scare tactic was a first in the United Kingdom, he noted. "But, as you point out, highly volatile people who are intent on doing something absolutely bad and who are quite happy - maybe even pleased - to kill themselves and to use low-tech methods - these are hard things to defend against", Dick concluded.
The attacks are domestic plans, Cressida said, adding that there are worldwide connections and links in the last three attacks.





Comments