Michigan State University Football Players Charged With Sexual Assault

Adjust Comment Print

Michigan State football players Donnie Corley, Josh King and Demetric Vance are facing charges of criminal sexual misconduct. King is also charged with third degree CSC and up to 15 years in jail, and a charge of possessing and distributing an image of an unclothed person, which carries a possible sentence of five years.

Head coach Mark Dantonio dismissed the three from the football team, effective immediately, according to a statement released Tuesday.

"I have chose to authorize sexual assault charges against the three persons whose warrants were requested by the MSU Police", Siemon said in a statement.

"I would say a year ago, if you came up here to talk, we probably were on the cusp of being exactly what you want in major college football", Dantonio said.

19-year-old Donnie Corley Jr. of Detroit was recruited by MSU to play as a true freshman. King is a defensive end from Darien, Ill. King faces up to life.

Prosecutor Carol Siemon had said three people were being charged in the incident, but their names were not disclosed until Tuesday in court when university police Detective Chad Davis described the allegations for District Judge Richard D. Ball in East Lansing.

King, Corley and Vance are all due back in court for preliminary hearings later this month.

The 4 Biggest Revelations From James Comey's Testimony
He said Democrats have gone so far to the left in terms of opposing him that " they're bad right now for the country". But he delivered an explosive testimony that raises serious questions about Trump's future as president.

Corley and Vance's attorneys have both said their clients are innocent and expect to prove that as the legal proceedings progress.

The accuser's attorney Karen Truszkowski says it's about time.

In both instances, we found that senior leaders within the football program and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (Athletic Department) complied with the RVSM policy by promptly and accurately reporting the information they learned about the underlying incidents to departments within the University that are tasked with investigating and responding to such incidents.

"All four of them are facing a hard time", Truskowski said. "So that's what I want people to keep in mind".

According to the report, Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio learned of the incident on January 16 from one of his players.

Our office also reviewed charges against an individual who previously worked for the Michigan State University football program. His regular meetings with coach Dantonio were one of the conditions placed on him when he was allowed to join the team. "And Coach D had a sense that it involved some sort of sexual allegation, and he immediately said, 'Don't say anything more'". The report said Dantonio and members of the athletic department handled the allegations against Corley, King and Vance appropriately and promptly. He was charged with third-degree sexual assault. He said one week before the January incident players spoke to one of the school's Title IX employees about sexual assault.

Comments