British police have named the third London Bridge attacker at 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba, believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan descent.
London's Metropolitan Police identified one attacker as Khuram Shazad Butt, aged 27.Butt was previously known to police and domestic spy agency, MI5 and was a British citizen who had been born in Pakistan, the police informed.
Shafiq told Julia Hartley-Brewer that he's surprised people who openly encourage terrorist atrocities are able to freely roam our streets and there is a fine line between expressing unusual views and glorifying terrorism.
Butt, 27, had been a key player in the proscribed terrorist group al-Muhajiroun, led by the terrorist recruiter Anjem Choudary, since at least 2009 and an Federal Bureau of Investigation informant mentioned him in a report in 2015.
Several people had reported him to the anti-terror hotline in recent years, and neighbours recalled incidents such as his going to a barbecue and declaring it a "no-women zone". Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the anti-extremism Ramadhan Foundation, said Butt flanked Choudhary as he defended the murder carried out by one of his own followers.

London ringleader Khuram Butt was intensely investigated
Meanwhile, The brother of Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi has been released by the United Kingdom police.
"In nine weeks we've had five plots foiled and three successful attacks". Taoiseach Enda Kenny said the man, who claimed to come from Morocco and was living in the Irish capital with his Scottish wife, was not thought to have been under surveillance. He was not known to police.
The Yard said that intense work to improve counter-terrorism databases meant there was an increased chance that when an attack took place it would be found that police or the security services had known about one or more perpetrators. "However, there was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritised accordingly". A total of six properties have been searched.
NHS England said on Monday that 36 people remained in hospital following the attack.
Distrust of Trump marks Comey's testimony about his firing
Rubio asked Comey why he did not directly tell Trump that he thought the president was making inappropriate requests of him. However, Comey said he wasn't in a position to assess whether president's comments amounted obstruction of justice .



Comments