17th arrest made in Manchester terror attack

Adjust Comment Print

British police say they have arrested a new suspect in connection with the investigation into last month's terror attack that killed at least 22 people, including seven children, at the Manchester Arena at the end of a concert.

Counter-terrorism police have said they believe Salman Abedi acted largely alone as he assembled the nail bomb, having initially feared the killer was helped by a network of accomplices.

He is the eight person to be released from United Kingdom custody without any further action, while another ten remain in cells.

Police named Abedi, 22, as the suicide bomber behind the May 22 attack at the Manchester Arena.

The 11 men still in custody are aged between 18 and 44 and are being held on suspicion of terrorism offences.

LeBron James on 2017 Warriors: 'Most firepower I've ever seen'
Warriors discuss Game 3 win on ABC7's "After the Game " The Dubs beat the Cavs in Game 3 Wednesday night in thrilling fashion. Should he have passed the ball to one of his teammates for a better look? The Cavs don't have much of a shot at that, either.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said: "This is potentially a significant development in the investigation".

Twenty-two people, including seven children, were killed in the attack at a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande.

Over the weekend a 23-year-old man was released without charge.

The report, citing current and retired intelligence officials, said Abedi met the ISIS operatives on visits to Tripoli and another town.

That Abedi was in contact with the terrorist cell brings up the possibility that Islamic State operatives in Libya have now twice directed attacks in Europe.

Comments