Suspect In Philippine Casino Attack Was A Indebted Gambler

Adjust Comment Print

The Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) agreed with the President saying, the incident in Resorts World Manila does not present "just cause" for imposing martial law in Metro Manila.

Atienza pointed out that casino security were "very strict and even rude" to ordinary casino-goers, "but when it came to this lone gunman, they were the first to flee".

Earlier on June 2, ISIS claimed it was behind the attack on Resorts World Manila.

The Philippines has faced a Muslim extremist insurgency in the country's south for many years.

He said the Islamic State's attacks were "more cruel and brutal".

Authorities have earlier dismissed the claim of responsibility by the Islamic State group.

"He is heavily indebted due to being hooked in casino gambling, according to his immediate family", he said. The CCTV video shows how the robbery attempt went down.

Security experts and patrons at the casino on Friday expressed alarm at the apparent ease with which a lone gunman was able to enter the building, open fire and start a blaze, smoke from which killed more than 30 people.

Iran terror attacks: Tehran attackers were Iranian Islamic State recruits
A senior Interior Ministry official told Iran's state TV the male attackers wore women's attire. Commuters in the Iranian capital noticed more police than usual on the streets as dawn broke.

Sison apparently had taken cover in a washroom, but he suffocated in the smoke created by the fire lit by the suspect. Out of the 22 casino guests and 13 employees, the majority of the victims were female. Police said he shot himself and set fire to the empty room he had burst into.

A female guard at Resorts World Manila ran after him, to ask what he was doing there. There, they found the man's wife.

Fernando Carlos, his father, said his son wasn't mentally ill.

"We ask for forgiveness".

"They talked about how surprised they were that their son was involved in the attack and that Jesse was recently separated from his wife and three children".

"The message of what happened to my son is people should not get hooked on gambling so their families won't get destroyed", she said.

Stephen Reilly, Resort World's Chief Operating Officer, says the company is giving 1 million pesos ($20,000) to each of the families of those who died in a deadly casino attack in Manila that left at least 38 people dead.

The finance department said Sunday that Carlos was sacked as a tax specialist in 2014 for not declaring properties and for taking mysterious loans far more than a bank would lend. "This could have probably triggered him", Mr. Albayalde said. Philippine officials reject the ISIS connection and have stated it was not an act of terrorism. "This is our duty to the Filipino people and to the global community", Albayalde said.

Comments