Far-right plotters have reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack on the Dortmund Borussia team bus which wounded defender Marc Bartra.
"It is indeed doubtful", Frauke Koehler, a spokeswoman for the federal public prosecutor's office, said when asked to comment on the authenticity of the letters as cited by Sky News.
With Dortmund players due back on the pitch in Germany's premier league, the Bundesliga, police are pursuing leads in their probe of Tuesday's attack that left Spanish worldwide Marc Bartra and a policeman injured.
A report in Der Tagesspiegel, a Berlin-based daily newspaper, has claimed that it received an email on Thursday in which the author, who is anonymous, describes the attack on the bus as a "final warning".
Suspicion immediately turned to Isis but no claim of responsibility was issued by the terrorist group, with a second claim emerging from a left-wing radical group online not considered credible. Security sources have said investigators are looking at whether left or right-wing extremists may have carried out the attack.
Bartra underwent surgery on a broken wrist and is expected to miss the rest of the season as a result, but while it must be a traumatic time, his situation was helped by the presence of two close friends.
Protestors, shouted demands, disrupt Wells Fargo annual meeting
A few Wells employees also spoke positively about the bank, one saying that Wells is "not perfect" but he was proud to work there. Vetr upgraded shares of Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE:WFC) from a hold rating to a buy rating in a report issued on Monday.
Dortmund's Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Roman Weidenfeller, Matthias Ginter and Julian Weigl, from left, react after losing 2-3 during the Champions League quarterfinal first leg soccer match between Borussia Dortmund and AS M.
An investigation had "significant doubts" about the three letters that were found at the scene suggesting Islamist involvement.
As investigators turn toward other suspects now, the fate of a 25-year-old Iraqi who police arrested earlier this week remains unknown.
German federal prosecutors are examining the latest note.
The Bundesliga match between Borussia Dortmund and Eintracht Frankfurt will be broadcast on FS1.
It isn't definite that Borussia Dortmund would have won had their bus not been attacked, but it's safe to say that the postponement of the match to the following day was a bit too soon after the explosion.





Comments