Trump's Korean armada stays near Australia

Adjust Comment Print

The Independent reported last week that China sent 150,000 troops to the North Korean border following a phone call between Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump's administration has denied being misleading about a USA carrier strike group's push toward the Korean Peninsula, saying it never gave an arrival date and that the ships were still on their way. "We have the best military people on Earth".

The mixup was revealed on Monday when the Navy posted a photo of the Carl Vinson sailing through the Sunda Strait separating the islands of Sumatra and Java in Indonesia.

He underlined the situation in the Korean peninsula is highly sensitive, and therefore all involved countries should avoid aggravating the situation.

North Korea was about to test a missile, and the Trump administration was ratcheting up USA rhetoric about a potential standoff.

"What the navy did not say is that the USS Carl Vinson should complete another mission before heading north".

"And that could be a logical conclusion from what's just happened". How does the commander in chief not know that an aircraft carrier is not heading to deter North Korea?

North Korean state media has warned of a nuclear attack on the USA in retaliation for any signs of aggression, a threat that has been made numerous times before.

Now, Defense Secretary James Mattis insists the U.S. is going to send the strike group to North Korea, and that they definitely mean it this time.

Atletico ends Leicester's Champions League dream
But Leicester roared back in the second half, equalizing through Jamie Vardy and outshooting Atletico 17-2 in those 45 minutes. It was the night of pure football we had envisaged, with a marvellous atmosphere against a team that fought until the end.

"The president said we have an armada that's going toward the peninsula", Spicer said.

A senior administration official blamed a miscommunication between the Pentagon and the White House over reports that the aircraft carrier has not made its way to the Sea of Japan as an expected show of force to North Korea. "It is happening, rather".

Confusion over the deployment of a U.S. aircraft carrier continued to roil South Korea on April 19 following the revelation that the Carl Vinson Strike Group, initially announced by the USA to be heading toward the Korean Peninsula, had instead spent the last week thousands of kilometers away, sailing in the opposite direction.

It was about 3,500 miles away from North Korea as leader Kim Jong-Un led a huge show of military strength at the weekend.

In a press briefing last week, Press Secretary Sean Spicer explained the move to send the ships to North Korea.

News reports said Japan was planning to deploy its own destroyers to form up with the Carl Vinson and its USA escorts, the destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer and Michael Murphy and the cruiser USS Lake Champlain.

The strike group was now heading to the Western Pacific "as a prudent measure" following a "curtailed" period of training with Australia, U.S. Pacific Command spokesman Commander Dave Benham said on Wednesday.

He added that the presence of tens of thousands of USA personnel in South Korea and Japan "gives me great confidence that the United States presence in the Asian Pacific is strong, and under President Trump's leadership it will be stronger still".

Comments