A senior Trump administration official warned Sunday that North Korea's provocative behavior "can't continue", and said the U.S.is working with partners including China to develop a range of possible responses to future "destabilizing behavior".
North Korea's failed missile launch Saturday fits into the country's "pattern of provocative behavior", but there is an worldwide consensus now, including with the leadership of China, that such actions can't continue, National Security Adviser H.R. McFarland said Sunday.
North Korea displayed new military hardware, including a so-called 'frankenmissile, ' at an annual parade on Saturday.
In the wake of North Korea's failed medium-range missile test this weekend, US President Donald Trump is willing to consider ordering "kinetic" military action, including a sudden strike, to counteract North Korea's destabilising actions in the region, said a person familiar with the White House's thinking.
A North Korean missile exploded during launch Sunday, U.S. and South Korean officials said, a high-profile failure that comes as a powerful U.S. aircraft supercarrier approaches the Korean Peninsula in a show of force.
The comments come after a failed missile test launch by North Korea and a massive military parade.
The profound connection between Easter and Passover.
But that missile, which USA officials said appeared to be a liquid-fuelled, extended-range Scud, only flew about 60 km (40 miles), a fraction of its range, before spinning out of control. While in Seoul, Pence will also meet National Assembly Speaker Chung Sye-kyun - also to discuss Trump's new North Korea policy and the THAAD missile defense system.
In August a year ago, a submarine-launched ballistic missile tested from Sinpo flew 500 kilometres (300 miles) towards Japan.
Sinpo, a port city in eastern North Korea, was also the site of a ballistic missile test earlier this month in which the projectile fell into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea.
Choe Ryong Hae, widely regarded as the secretive state's number two leading official, accused Mr Trump of "creating a war situation" on the Korean Peninsula by sending American forces to the region.
Mind games are overrated- Anthony Joshua
You look at Anthony Joshua , it's the same type of style. go out there, let your hands go, it's the heavyweight division". Eddie Hearn will be hoping the Kiwi heavyweight defeats Hughie Fury, allowing a unification bout with Anthony Joshua .
He said the consensus, including China, is "that this problem is coming to a head".
Pence said North Korea's "provocation" was another reminder of the risks that USA and South Korean service members face every day "in the defense of the freedom of the people of South Korea and the defense of America in this part of the world".
"The president and his military team are aware of North Korea's most recent unsuccessful missile launch".
The South Korean foreign ministry also issued a statement and said, "Our government condemns this serious threat on the Korean peninsula and overall global society".
China has spoken out against North Korea's weapons tests and has supported United Nations sanctions.
US President Donald Trump held a summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping earlier this month, and has praised China's turning back of North Korean coal ships as a "big step" forward in the effort to enlist Chinese pressure on Pyongyang.
Vice President Mike Pence, who arrived in Seoul yesterday, assailed the missile test as a "provocation" and assured South Korea of Washington's full support against the threat from its volatile neighbor.
After a two-month policy review, officials settled on a policy dubbed "maximum pressure and engagement", US officials said Friday.
Following Sunday's failed missile launch by the DPRK, the ROK's foreign ministry warned Pyongyang that Seoul would take action if it does not halt all missile and nuclear bomb tests.
Lu Chao, director of the Border Studies Institute at the Liaoning Academy of Social Sciences, said the latest test, despite its failure, could be another defiant message from Pyongyang that it will not change its tough stance in the face of U.S. pressure even amid a growing threat of military action.




Comments