Donald Trump ordered a strike by 59 cruise missiles on the base he said launched the attack in America's first direct attack against the Syrian government since the civil war began six years ago.
Haley said the US was prepared to take further action in Syria but hoped it wouldn't be necessary.
US Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said he was preparing further economic sanctions against Syria. For that to happen, he said, "this oppressive Assad needs to go". "In no way do we see peace in that area with Assad as the head of the Syrian government".
"If Russia wants to be absolved of responsibility for future attacks, (President) Vladimir Putin needs to enforce commitments, dismantle Assad's chemical weapons arsenal for good and get fully engaged" with the United Nations peace process on Syria.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson seemed to take a more patient stance in regard to Assad, saying on Saturday that Washington's first priority is the defeat of Islamic State.
There also was an unconfirmed report of a USA -led raid against the Islamic State in the countryside around Raqqa, the terror group's de facto capital in Syria.
The official also said that the United States bombing was meant to send a message to the Syrian regime that any use of chemical weapon will not be tolerated by the US.
He also argued the overarching message is that Trump responded to Assad's aggression against civilians when former President Barack Obama failed to make good on such a promise in 2013.
Donald Trump has said the USA was "representing the world" when it conducted air strikes on a Syrian military base. And Haley, too, said Washington's priority was "no longer to sit and focus on getting Assad out".
The United States is vowing to keep up the pressure on Syria after the intense nighttime wave of missile strikes from us ships, despite the prospect of escalating Russian ill will that could further inflame one of the world's most vexing conflicts.
The hunt is on: 1000 flock to Lehi's Easter Egg Hunt
Delphos Wesleyan Church will hold their annual Easter Bake sale from 9 a.m.to noon on April 15 at Chief Supermarket. He recalled one year, where they only had a 15-minute window without rain, but they still managed to make it work.
Elsewhere in Syria, at least seven people were killed in air strikes in Eastern Ghouta, near the capital Damascus.
The United States is now likely to be more aggressive in pursuing intelligence about Syria's suspected chemical weapons programme.
Syria's closest allies, Russian Federation and Iran, have defended Damascus against the allegations of chemical weapons use, with Moscow saying a conventional strike hit a rebel depot containing "toxic substances".
White House National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said Syria's "sponsors", Russian Federation and Iran, were enabling President Bashar al-Assad's "campaign of mass murder against his own civilians".
The Syrian Observatory said the USA strike on the base killed eight Syrian military staff, including an army doctor.
There's no evidence that chemical weapons were stockpiled at the Shayrat airfield targeted by the strike, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in an emailed statement.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson canceled a planned trip to Russian Federation because of fast-moving events in Syria.
Eighty-nine people, including 33 children and 18 women, died in the suspected nerve agent attack in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun on Tuesday.
"God willing, these strikes will be a clear warning to Bashar al-Assad, to tell him: Bashar, enough killing and injustice against these people", said Abu Ali, a man in his 40s. "By proxy Russian Federation is responsible for every civilian death last week", Sir Michael wrote.
A Syrian air base targeted in a US cruise missile attack is operating again, the governor of Syria's Homs province confirmed on Saturday.


Comments