Spotify Executive Chris Bevington Dies in Stockholm Attack

Adjust Comment Print

On April 7 a truck rammed into people on a central Stockholm street before crashing into a department store, killing at least four people and injuring over a dozen of others.

Bevington, 41, worked at Spotify for the past five years, most recently serving as its Director of Global Partnerships/Business Development.

"And if we do that, then terrorism will have lost".

"Whilst this bad news is sinking in, our primary focus is on supporting the family and loved ones of Chris in any way we possibly can".

Ek went on to say that he is "deeply saddened and upset" that the attack occurred in Sweden.

Read Ek's full statement below.

"And that was exactly the kind of person Chris was as well". We are thinking of you.

The statement said he was "a wonderful husband, son, father, brother and close friend to many".

A Spotify employee was among those killed in Friday's terrorist attack in Sweden.

Harry Styles would be 'honoured' to be Liam Payne's son's godfather
He said: 'I think I snore and also I quite like routine, so I don't know if I'm incredibly spontaneous. He is flawless in every way and there is a lot of love and happiness in their household.

In a midday news conference, officials said the 39-year-old Uzbek man, who has not been publicly identified, was denied permanent residency status in June and was sought for deportation last summer.

Carl Forsaljare, a magazine seller, was in the area during the attack but said he was not surprised it happened in peaceful Sweden.

Jonas Hysing, of Sweden's national police said: "We know he has been sympathetic to extremist organisations".

Earlier on Monday, people gathered outside the upscale department store where the lorry ploughed into a crowd of shoppers. He was known to intelligence services since past year when he disappeared before he could be deported after his application for asylum was rejected.

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven on Saturday visited the site of the attack, saying that while the country remained in shock, "we shall take us through this together". "We need to find strength one way or another", she said.

In all, Jan Evenssen of the Stockholm police said authorities have questioned over 500 people in the investigation so far.

Four people were killed in the crash and 15 others were injured.

Police are still questioning the main suspect, who has been named as Rakhmat Akilov by the Swedish media. Also killed in the attack were two Swedish people, including an eleven year old girl, and a Belgian woman in the city as a tourist.

Comments