Medical

Earlier Thursday, on Capitol Hill, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe strongly disputed the White House's assertion that Comey had been fired in part because he had lost the confidence of the FBI's own rank-and-file. He said that while he received a scathing assessment of Comey's performance from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Monday, that memo was not a catalyst for his dramatic decision as the White House had said earlier.
  • Sunny, warm and breezy today; chance of showers

    Sunny, warm and breezy today; chance of showers

    Medical

    The Weather Service said there's a 20 percent chance for showers Thursday night , a 40 percent chance for showers and storms Friday , a 40 percent chance for showers Friday night , a 70 percent chance for showers and storms Saturday , a 40 percent chance for showers Saturday night , and a 20 percent chance for showers Sunday .
  • Eurovision victor arrives home to Portugal

    Eurovision victor arrives home to Portugal

    Medical

    Portugal has won its first Eurovision Song Contest for Salvador Sobral's performance of Amar Pelos Dois . Kiev barred Russia's wheelchair-user singer Yuliya Samoilova because she had illegally entered Crimea to perform there after Moscow's disputed 2014 annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine.
  • Flags at half staff for National Peace Officers Memorial Day

    Medical

    Seventeen of those officers died from gunshots sustained while engaging criminals. Another 14 died from automobile crashes, the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP) reports . Kennedy was the last San Angelo police officer who gave the ultimate sacrifice in 2015. Frazier, a First Vice-President of the Dallas Police Association said, "It was an honor to hear him talk about Dallas".
  • Ransomware virus partially hits institutions, police dept in Maharashtra

    Ransomware virus partially hits institutions, police dept in Maharashtra

    Medical

    One Thai firm is known to have been hit by the ransomware - the Blade & Soul game site of the Garena online company. In North America, Lakeridge Health in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada was affected by the attack, reports CTV News . Normally, such patches are reserved for organisations willing to pay for extended support. Always update systems and software with the latest security updates.
  • Firefighters report multiple deaths in blaze at Akron home

    Firefighters report multiple deaths in blaze at Akron home

    Medical

    Firefighters investigate the remains of a burned home in Akron, Ohio on Monday, May 15, 2017. Firefighters were on the scene within five minutes of receiving a call early Monday morning. He said his father was an electrician and his father's girlfriend was a longtime dialysis technician. Firefighters said they believe the blaze started in front of the home.
  • '13 Reasons Why' Showrunner Shares The Plan For Season 2

    '13 Reasons Why' Showrunner Shares The Plan For Season 2

    Medical

    Should teens avoid the show? Ryan Alderman, director of Integrated Care Behavioral Health Services for Pillars Mental Health, explains some of the warning signs and how parents can talk with their children about suicide and other tough subjects.
  • Avoid your ATM until RBI updates it to beat WannaCry ransomware

    Medical

    But Kaspersky said it wasn't clear cut and could be worked around by the culprits. The hackers used the tool to encrypt files within affected computers, making them inaccessible, and demanded ransom - typically US$300 in bitcoin. The cyberattack that spread malicious software around the world, shutting down networks at hospitals, banks and government agencies, was thwarted by a young British researcher and an cheap domain registration, with help from another 20-something security engineer ...
  • Senate moderates hold bipartisan health care talks

    Medical

    Senate Republican leaders have said they will set aside the House bill and write their own Obamacare replacement. "I think we have to clarify that and make sure that those with pre-existing conditions are absolutely covered", Capito said.
  • Australia and NZ largely escape global cyber attack

    Medical

    The virus exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows software, first identified by the US National Security Agency, experts have said. Security firm Digital Shadows said on Sunday that transactions totalling $32,000 had taken place through Bitcoin addresses used by the ransomware.
  • NY child treated after eating marijuana candy

    NY child treated after eating marijuana candy

    Medical

    Robert Lancia lieutenant in a statement quoted in the Journal News . Each piece of the candy is infused with 250 mg or more of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive component found in marijuana which causes it's mind-altering side effects.