According to The Economic Times, the veteran musician was first accused of misconduct a year ago during the #MeToo wave and was briefly dropped from the singing reality show. Singers Neha Bhasin and Shweta Pandit joined Sona in alleging sexual harassment against Anu.
Nonetheless, when Sony TV reinstated Malik on season 11 this 300 and sixty five days, Mohapatra restarted her marketing and marketing campaign against the composer and the channel. Recently, Sona got huge support on social media, and people started demanding Malik's removal from the show. On thursday, Sona took it to her twitter to express her feelings as Malik left the judge's chair and moved out of the show after all the allegations against him. "I hope Sony TV shows the grace of issuing a public apology for hiring a person without any due process or enquiry into the allegations against him (sic)", she said. Now hearing this news, I feel that it is the victory of all, not just me, but also all the women with whom they misbehaved. Anu has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women on the show itself.
However, in an interview with Hindustan Times, Anu Malik revealed that he has taken a three-week break. Last year, after Tanushree Dutta spoke about her horrifying experience in the industry; Sona too came forward and spoke against the unfair. "I have taken this decision voluntarily".
Anu's decision came after Sona wrote an open letter to the Union Women and Child Development (WCD) Minister Smriti Irani, urging her to look into the ongoing debate Malik. In the notice, the commission mentioned Sona Mohapatra's tweet and asked the channel to clarify what action was taken on the matter.
Jose Mourinho vows to reverse Spurs’ slump in first interview as manager
The video was captioned "See you Saturday, José" and included a Mourinho quote about West Ham's style of play. The north Londoners are set for a Premier League trip to capital rivals West Ham on Saturday afternoon.
She added that she was fighting for justice. "We are not going to sit here and let people to take us for granted", she said.
"My open letter to the honourable minister for women & child development". "If they had any doubts about me, they wouldn't have approached me at all".
"This Twitter campaign has been going on since a while and I was exhausted of these false, malicious accusations on social media", he said, adding that the best thing for him was to clear his name and go back to business. After her letter, the National Commission For Women had sent a notice to Sony TV demanding clarification on the matter.
Subsequently, he had to step down as the judge on Season 10 of the said show. "I will clear my name soon and return with a clear mind", Malik told Pinkvilla.