Larry Ogunjobi loses appeal for role in Cleveland Browns-Pittsburgh Steelers melee

Adjust Comment Print

Myles Garrett looked composed and casual, a stark contrast to the last time he was seen in public.

The quarterback was addressing his role in the end-of-game fight between himself, Myles Garrett, Maurkice Pouncey and other Cleveland Browns and Steelers.

Ogunjobi was suspended one game without pay for shoving Rudolph to the ground from behind in the moments after Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet and struck him in the head with it. Rudolph already missed one game with a concussion last month after being knocked out by Earl Thomas in a loss to the Ravens. The league is still finalizing when the hearing will take place, according to the person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Garrett's appeal of his indefinite suspension will be heard Wednesday morning by appeals officer James Thrash, and that Garrett will attend to state his case in person. Many feel that Rudolph provoked Garrett in the attack. Brooks and Thrash have sided with players in the past, minimizing previous bans in 2017 for former Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and former Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib. Miami has looked more competitive that people thought that it would after the first few weeks of the regular season but everyone is aware that this is one of the worst teams in the National Football League and that a road game in cold weather should do little to get the Dolphins back on track.

He has to be reinstated by commissioner Roger Goodell before being allowed back in the league.

Dogs kill pregnant woman in France during hunt
The pack of hounds was hunting deer, the local newspaper Le Courrier Picard reported. The police have launched an investigation into manslaughter by dog attack.

Garrett was fined an undisclosed amount and the Steelers and Browns were levied $250,000 penalties. Garrett then pulled Rudolph to his feet by tugging on the passer's facemask, ripping the helmet off his head. Rudolph grabbed Garrett's facemask and unsuccessfully tried to pry off his helmet.

"I am not going to make this into something bigger than it was, " he said. I should've done a better job of keeping my cool in that situation.

The former No. 1 overall draft pick spent roughly two hours in the league's Manhattan offices before leaving with his representatives.

All of this is the aftermath of an incident that happened with eight seconds remaining on Thursday Night Football. "Bad happens in this world and people can take this moment - it could ruin them - people could take this moment, man up for their actions and keep going".