Model Vlada Dzyuba dies after marathon fashion show in China

Adjust Comment Print

In Shanghai died 14-year-old model Vlad Dzyuba.

She died in hospital two days later.

However, according to local sources, the teenager had been recruited on what they termed a "slave labor contract", working long hours with no medical insurance.

Vlada Dzyuba, 14, missed school to work on catwalks on a "three month contract" to fulfil her dream to become a supermodel.

The young model's mother says she was exhausted but refused to get help.

A rising flow of young Russian models are recruited to China.

Moscow is set to demand an explanation over the conditions Vlada was living in during her time working in Asia.

The girl had appeared at the prestigious Shanghai Fashion Week. before going on to other assignments.

Texans Owner Bob McNair Issues ANOTHER Apology For "Inmates" Comment (TWEET)
Brown said he found McNair's comments "disrespectful" but said, "I can't say I'm surprised, and". Do Texans players kneel for the anthem en masse on Sunday?

According to The Siberian Times, Dzyuba's body temperature spike before she stepped on the catwalk. She reportedly suffered from chronic meningitis. An ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital, but she never gained consciousness. 'The preliminary cause of death is meningitis compounded by severe exhaustion.

"She was calling me, saying 'Mama, I am so exhausted. I so much want to sleep".

"It must have been the very beginning of the illness ... and then her temperature shot up". "I didn't sleep myself and was calling her constantly, begging her to go to the hospital", Oksana told NTV.

Vlada's mother, Oksana, tried to get a Visa so that she could be by her sick daughter's side, but was unable to complete the process on time. The head of the agency is quoted as saying, "We are now reaping what we have sown".

It is also being said that she was not covered by medical insurance despite having spent three months working with a major Chinese modelling agency.

A man believed to be her manager who negotiated her Chinese contract has declined to comment on her death.

The Kremlin's human rights ombudsman in Perm, Pavel Mikov, said he was personally investigating the girl's death.